Skip to content
Maintankadin

block value!!

protonly
Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:13 am

block value!!

Hey now, I've become the mt for my guild's 3rd kara group (all alts and off specs) and I am curious about the amount of block value I need or should have to effectively tank past curator.

My gm said it needed to be around 450 but that seemed awfully high since our well geared warrior tanks have only *just* reached or exceeded those amounts after months of farming kara. I don't recall any of the guides out there I've read discussing block value so I'm curious what the experts here think is a practical number.

Gear/statwise: I usually heal in raids on this pally so I have pretty decent gear, pretty much everything from kara other than chest/shield from nightbane and shoulders from netherspite. I sit at 12600 ish unbuffed hp, 518 def, 20% dodge, 15% parry and 24% block with a block value of 283. Total avoidance ranges between 103% and 106% depending on trinkets/rings.

Thanks!
Pizbit
Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:03 am
How ever much you have is enough. You get more as you go, it's no biggy.
_________________
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
protonly
Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:22 am
That's what I figured. I didn't think it was the end of the world. :^)

There's only a few tank items I can still get in kara, so I'm guessing my bv might not get that much higher for awhile which isn't a big deal to me.

Kinda wish after thinking about the holy shield changes that some of our T4 gear was re-itemized to have less dodge and more block and block value.
Guillex
Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:02 am
I like mana returns from healing.

That's all I have to contribute to this thread.
_________________
Official thread killer

Blutreich
Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:58 am
i heal myself all the time
LoH ftw!

ok more like ever few hours but lets not split hairs
_________________