Skip to content
Maintankadin

My noob Q re: buffing 1 class with 2 different blessings

Morningrise
Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:52 am

My noob Q re: buffing 1 class with 2 different blessings

Easiest 5-man scenario I can come up with:

1 paladin tank (me) w/Pally Power

2 priests
  • One is Shadow
  • The other is Holy


Shadow wants Salvation
Holy wants Wisdom

In Pally Power I set up the whole priest class to get Salvation (using the big icon in the lower row). Then I click on the Holy priest's name & assign Wisdom.

I spam left-click the pally power frame on my UI, buffing everyone. Then I right-click to buff Wisdom on the Holy priest.

Here's my noob question...

I could be wrong, but isn't it possible for me to give both priests different 30-min Greater Blessings? Or am I stuck with one 30-min buff and one 10-min buff? I could swear I've seen other Paladins to this, but I could be mistaken.
_________________
Warrender
Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:57 am
You can but, really, it's not worth the effort with Pally Power regulating Lesser Blessings so easily.

The trick is to cast each Greater Blessing with only one Priest in range every time.
_________________
fuzzygeek
Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:58 am
If one priest is out of range when the buff is applied, it won't overwrite the other priest's blessing.

Yes, it's pretty stupid.

If people are really anal about it, have priest A zone in, stay outside with the priest B; buff priest B, zone in, buff priest A, then have priest B zone in.

Yes, it's pretty stupid.
_________________
sapientialb
Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:53 am
/cough

Why wouldn't you give them both salvation? Fade is a rather miserable aggro dump and with the S. Priest in the same group the returns from VE should /generally/ keep the priest at a reasonable level.

Just my .02
_________________
Annabelle
Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:07 pm
In a 5 man wis wouldn't make much difference anyway since most fights are relatively short. If the holy priest HAS to have wis then cast the 10 min one since that blessing running out wont have any bearing on threat where as if 10 min salv wears off the spriest then they might pull a mob off you and go splat.
_________________

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that do not.
Invisusira
Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:02 pm
In situations like that (caster/healer combo of the same class), I'll typically do a 30 minute salv and then a 10 min wis on the healer and not bother re-upping it unless they ask.
_________________
armory | youtube | stuff
fiorina
Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:50 pm
It was(is) possible to get 2xblessing from 1 pala, but it's major PINAS

1. bless let say big Salvation
2. let person logoff
3. bless let say small Kings
4. ???????
5. Profit

Not sure if it has to be logoff or Alt+F4, we stopped doing this long time ago. You can also out-range it but it's double the PINAS

Same way you apply different big blessings on same classes.
Morningrise
Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:27 pm
Thanks for the responses. It's good to know that I might not be 100% crazy (yet) and that yes, I may have seen it happen before if the paladins I raided with were that coordinated.

It's not that I'm really worried about how to implement it myself on a daily basis. It's more a, "How did they do that?" sort of thing that's been on my mind for a while. I'm going to make a mental note that while yes, it's technically possible, the mechanics of doing so are prohibitive. Therefore, just forget it & juggle a 10-min buff for the stubborn one that wants something different. Laughing
_________________
Levantine
Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:50 pm
Yer, but Fade is an 8 second buff, and unless the priest can sit there on his ass and not do anything to create more threat, the mob has a good chance to just turn around at the end of it and splat him anyway.

TL;DR: Fade is terrible.
_________________