Skip to content
Maintankadin

Can I Block While Casting?

Eanin
Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:37 pm

Can I Block While Casting?

I've read in a couple of places that paladins can block now when casting healls. Does this go for any spell or just healing spells? For some fights, I'd like to throw heals at myself or Hammer of Wrath for threat, or even Avenger's Shield for adds.
_________________
Dassandic
Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:04 pm
Instant casts are fine but anything with and long cast time and you cannot block and risk geting hit & interrupted and or crushed. You may be able to slip in some hammers of wrath or even avengers shield in when you get familar with an boss as far as trash goes depends on how many are hitting ya. You should not be healing yourself if you are tanking.
_________________
Worldie
Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:11 pm
You still don't block while heal.

The Block while casting was referring to a issue that made us crushable if we used any skill that puts the shield on our back (consecration and judgement basically), which has been fixed years ago.


You can usually safely toss a HoW when tanking if you time it correctly.

Supremus however always whispers me
THOU SHALT NOT CAST WHILE I R HITTING YOU
and then crushes me for 9k while i'm casting HoW.
_________________

Worldie
Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:24 pm
I was actually meant to write "months" but for some reasons i wrote years <.<
_________________

Kellann
Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:33 pm
While I beleive you'll still be crushed, I saw a related thing happen which I thought was amusing:

While doing a bombing run quest, I forgot (lol) that I was still wearing a block set (murlocs) which happened to also be 490

Birds flew to attack me from behind, hamstringing, etc....but the funny thing was the combat log

"Bird attacks. You Block"

...not only was he not hurting me, but he was unable to daze me due to the 490 def - so all he did was slow me down a bit Smile
_________________
Kellann - Uther - Working on Vashj/Kael...and waiting for plate drops (QQ)