Skip to content
Maintankadin

Using Trinkets

Ithus
Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:26 pm

Using Trinkets

I was having a night off from raiding this evening doing a couple of quick heroics, and got thinking about Trinkets and when do i use them.
At the minute on my gear i have The darkmoon card and The pocketwatch from karazhan, and i always seem to keep it for those "oh crap wtfux is my healer doing" moments and then a friend of mine who's also a paladin said he used his trinkets (i think he said the pocketwatch and the battlemasters trinket) every 2 or 3 minutes depending on cooldown of them.

Am i doing something wrong compared to the rest of the paladin world or is that just down to my playstyle?

Oh well, thats all i had to ask.

//Ithus
_________________
Lakirby
Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:30 pm
Personal choice really, I tend to save important cooldowns for when they're needed - when I'm holy I always save Divine Favor and Divine Illumination for when the brown stuff is meeting the fan, when I'm prot I'll use my on-use trinkets whenever I really need them.
_________________

Dobbelsteen
Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:31 pm
They could save your life in those "O CRAP" moments if you don't use em every cooldown, but they are more usefull in damage reduction overall when used every cooldown.
It's just a matter of playstyle I guess.
_________________
Pewpew BANG
Minn
Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:00 pm
In Heroics at least, it kinda depends on how much you're pulling and how much CC you're using. With a more conservative approach, you probably won't need the dodge from, say, Pocketwatch. In fact, using it might be counterproductive, if it keeps you from getting mana back from Spiritual Attunement. On big AE pulls however, you may want to give your healer a break and pop a trinket to keep damage intake down.
_________________
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Medivh&n=Minn
Snake-Aes
Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:24 am
You really have to judge yourself when to use them. I like to use Dabiri's every time the CD is up and the enemies do blockable damage, while I tend to save my armor trinket for the start of bigbigbig aoe pulls, bosses where I expect to eat a stun or two, and overall situations with aoe damage.
_________________

Tank in Training, group utility perception was so much easier as a dpser <whines>
Shirak
Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:28 am
I use them when ever I feel my healer needs help catching up Laughing
_________________
Hammerjudge
Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:08 am
I use trinkets strategically too.
_________________

Dazhbog
Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:48 am
Depends on the trinket, and the situation. If it's trash, I use it every time it's up, just to save a bit of health. Easy boss fights, same thing. On-the-edge boss fights, use it to let the healers catch up, or if you know something large is incoming.
_________________