Skip to content
Maintankadin

What to do when you're not tanking?

grutak
Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:28 am

What to do when you're not tanking?

As i level up, I'm wondering what people do when they are not tanking or off tanking. In other words, what do you do to dps?

Str/agi gear + Seal of Blood or str/SP gear and Seal of Command?

Or is there a viable 3rd option I didn't mention?
grutak
Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:15 am
Interesting. I never would have thought about nightfall, even though my old enh shaman used one back in MC.
_________________
Turinbar
Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:20 am
how is Nightfall proc? I wanted to go for it, but eard that at lvl70 the proc is not worth it?
_________________
grutak
Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:27 am
after reading thottbot and wowhead, it looks to be 2 procs per minute for 15% increased spell damage. doesn't mention any thing about being diminished by level(like crusader proc is). one post alludes to SOC causing more procs, but with out real evidence, i wouldn't bet my life on it. it looks to be worth getting the mats for.
_________________
Warrender
Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:32 am
I have my MSBT set to flash "Nightfall Axe!" whenever it procs (Nightfall was already reserved for the Warlock talent).

It procs enough to warrant its use especially with haste gear and Seal of the Crusader.
_________________
Turinbar
Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:43 am
ok, time to get it crafted then. tnx for the hints.
_________________
Annabelle
Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:47 am
I usually keep wisdom judged and sealed to help out the hunters and myself get mana, and consecrate for some damage. Will also throw out a few heals to the healers to make their lives easier not having to worry so much about themselves when damaged. Can also keep an eye out if a healer goes down to pick up their healing assignments. Did that last night on lurker, a holy pally got killed by spout since he didn't notice it went more than 360 degrees. I picked up on healing the MT then back to taking the archer adds on my side of the platform. Too bad nightfall is exalted to get. I only got honored since I was in a smal guild and only set foot in ZG as a raid and never saw MC til after TBC and it was a drunken fun run Rolling Eyes
_________________

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that do not.
Lariqe
Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:51 am
Generally, when I'm not tanking I'm either questing (still lots of gold out there for me to get), standing around waiting for a group so I can tank, or, in a few cases, off-healing.
_________________
Insane mini-god of death and protection, as well as a defender of truth, justice, pie, and cake.
grutak
Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:33 am
Did you only read the title of the thread Lariqe? I was asking about what people do when they are not tanking during raids.
_________________
Maranus
Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:56 am
Swing Nightfall and look at porn.
Thank god for internet porn.
... and Kleenex.
_________________

You know you want it! Ooorah /dance
PapaNasty
Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:45 am
well it's really the same as when you're at work and finish what you've been working on for the day

You couldddd go and ask for some extra work and do..... or you could sit at your desk typing out emails and looking up maintankadin for extra hintz and tipz on how to play wow.

Which is the same in wow Smile You couldddd do something productive like healing or maye building aggro incase the mt dies

Or.... you could just judge wisdom / light, set to autoattack then goto the lou, get a bite to eat and watch some tv Smile

So long as you look busy, no one will bother you, since they will just assume that you're doing something productive towards the raid Smile
_________________