Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tanking Heroics with Seal of Justice?

Suikano
Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:15 pm

Tanking Heroics with Seal of Justice?

I had a random thought today, it was fueled by a heroic mech run last night in which fighting the destroyers had me in ardent defender range more than 50% of the fight due to I believe a combination of my low AC and an ok, but not terribly impressive healer. I have reckoning in my build as an aside, but the main point is, in situations where I'm dealing with one or more nasties that are stunnable, would SoJ substantially add to my survivability? I'm thinking it's worth a try tonight, I essentially never have agro issues so I'm not concerned overmuch by using a lower inherent agro seal.
_________________
Bryne
Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:21 pm
I'm pretty sure that the proc rate on SoJ isn't high enough to give you any kind of consistent survivability increase, no. You'd probably be better off even using SoL or just SoR to kill it faster.

Or get better gear and a better healer :]
Dorvan
Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:21 pm
I'm not impressed with the proc rate on SoJ, but I don't have numbers I'm afraid. More importantly, was charged fist getting interrupted?
_________________
Arcand
Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:29 pm
I've tried this on the fist-bots. SoJ's proc rate is not so hot to begin with, and you're hoping to get a proc during Charged Fist's relatively rapid cast period.

IIRC on the three static fist-bots I got one proc while Charged Fist was up, and zero procs during the casts. I adopted a new strategy of running with healers I knew to be good, carrying potions, and hitting HoJ when my health got into the danger zone.
_________________
Scarlet Crusade - 0/46/15 - 11/11 Kara, 4/6 Zul'Aman
Russia tanked the nazis while the allies DPSed.
Invisusira
Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:30 pm
Yes, I have interrupted Charged Fist with Justice before.

Anything that you can hammer of hammer of justice, you can seal of justice. It procs more often that it gets credit for (I use it quite a bit in pvp (LOL PROT PVP LOL)), but it is indeed far from reliable.
_________________
armory | youtube | stuff
Suikano
Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:31 pm
I'm not so specifically concerned with charged fist interruption, I'm looking at ways to simply overall extend my survivability by interrupting the flow of damage coming at me. But if SoJ doesn't proc enough to support that, then it's not worth my time.
_________________
Arcand
Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:37 pm
I think I'd go with SoL/JoL to increase my survivability against those bots before I'd try SoJ/Jo_. (Come to think of it, I have on a couple occasions when I found myself with a marginal healer.)
_________________
Scarlet Crusade - 0/46/15 - 11/11 Kara, 4/6 Zul'Aman
Russia tanked the nazis while the allies DPSed.
Bryne
Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:25 pm
The best answer is probably to stick with JoC/SoR and let the rest of your party nuke it - less time in combat means less time for something to go wrong. If you're having real problems with Destroyers and Charged Fist is being taken care of, it's probably a gear/healer issue.
Minn
Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:15 pm
If you're holding aggro with just consecration, SoJ can help a bit. I like it when you're tanking annoying mobs with things like knockdown or stuns. Pre-emptively hitting one of these mobs with HoJ and whacking away at another with SoJ up, you can stay on your feet and keep your shield up longer.
_________________
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Medivh&n=Minn
Worldie
Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:34 am
The problem with SoJ is that it has DR in PvE as well.

It procs quite often actually, problem is that you get it to "Immune" after like 15 seconds.
_________________

Eanin
Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:47 pm
I never use it in instance. Once upon a time, I'd judge it back in the Scarlet Monastery days, but runners aren't really a problem in Outland instances.

The thing I find frustrating about Charged Fist is all the warriors/rogues/shaman who seem physically unable to hit their pummel etc. button.

I swear, I come out of most PuGs thinking melee DPS are the worst WoW players in existence.
_________________