Skip to content
Maintankadin

Ramparts and Knockback

Dazhbog
Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:17 am

Ramparts and Knockback

So my little group (55 shaman, 56 warlock, 56 mage, 57 priest (shadow), and me, 57 paladin) decided to give Ramparts a shot, just to see what happened. From the looks of things, it's doable (up to the first boss, at least), but I was having trouble dealing with the punt/aggro loss on the Destroyers; with my group being underleveled for the instance, it makes getting them back on me (and not beating on the shaman) a top priority.

My first strategy (after I found out that they punted) was to just hit taunt as soon as I took off. This worked the first time, but the second time taunt failed to go off, for some reason, and the shaman was so much red paste. Is it better to HoJ on a punt, and then take back control?
_________________
Tats
Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:30 am
you should get in the habit of always tanking a mob on a wall/corner. not only does it prevent knockbacks, it lets your group avoid frontal aoe's and your melee avoid parry's
_________________


Merise
Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:15 pm
Yea having your back to a wall is great advice and will come in handy time and time again in the outlands instances. I've gotten to the point where I find myself looking for a wall even when I don't need one.
_________________
Zhalseran
Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:01 pm
I completely forgot they punted...

I mean, I did heroic ramps last night and I still forgot they punted until I read this o_o
_________________