Skip to content
Maintankadin

New Protpala's Problems

theravenzone
Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:22 am

New Protpala's Problems

Hi.

My protection paladin did hit lvl 70 some days ago and now I've got some minor Problems, well, getting started. My Gear is mostly green with some few blues along it. I wanted to start tanking but often when I aks for groups I sometimes get responses like: A paladin as tank? Never! Well there are more people that are openminded, well until they see my mana (5200) and Hitpoints (8000)....

And even when they take me with them, well, I do get much damage and the healer got a hard time healing me. Holding the sggro is less a problem but my fast depleting mana is.

Anyone any Tips how to get better Equip?

Armory Link would be: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Konnie

And sorry for my bad english. It's not my native language though I understand it nearly perfectly but writing is still uncommon to me.
_________________
DMStewart
Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:04 am

Gearing issues

First off, you probably want to take this to the gear section. There are quite a few good guides to gearing up in there. Secondly, you'll want to respec and pick up Combat Expertise (5/5) for the 10% Stamina buff. Look for gear with Stamina, block value, defense, avoidance, and that sort of thing. Your mana level is fine. In fact, I tank Karazhan with about the same amount of mana you have, and all of my mana regen comes from healing and drinking. Some good gear recommendations (I don't have the links to the gear, but you can find them easily enough) are: Helm, Chest, and Shoulders from D3 (Mech, SV, Botanica, respectively), Burnoose of the Shifting Ages (BM), Crest of the Sha'tar (Sha'tar Rep), Continuum Blade (Keepers of Time Rep). All of these you can get without setting foot inside a Heroic or a Raid.
_________________
Some want to live forever through great deeds, others through their children. I want to live forever through not dying.

NarfJones
Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:02 am
The felsteel set. Legs, Hands, and helm. That will up your Stam and defense ratings quite a bit, and they are easy to find on most servers because Blacksmiths use them to level their skill.
_________________