Skip to content
Maintankadin

how much dodge is too much?

Mellithe
Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:17 am

how much dodge is too much?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blood%20Furnace&n=Mellithe

my current armory. I have been noticing since I picked up my new chest piece I seem to be getting alot more strings of dodging in kara upon Prince and others. Do I have perhaps too much Dodge and Parry (over 40% together)?


We are currently a Kara gear, just starting ZA saterday and hopefully gruul in a few weeks if my lesser group of kara can do well as I think they will. (Depends on the tank there as the warrior tank is still learning).

I am just curious if I should find ways to tone down the Dodge more and start stacking more block value instead?

I guess what I am asking is how much avoidance becomes too much at the point of beggining level raids? I need to figure this out before Gruul Smile
_________________
Winter is Coming
kalbear
Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:56 am
It's not a matter of dodge; it's a matter of how much damage you're taking in (and thus how much healing you're getting). For Gruul, more dodge is better since he hits so hard (though you'll probably not want to tank Gruul anyway).

Put it this way: as long as you're not running out of mana against Prince, you'll be fine for Gruul.
Garov
Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:48 am
I'm wondering the same exact thing. I'm currently wearing the Vengeance Darkmoon Card and Figurine of the Colossus. After watching my recount in the last week or so I'm a little underwhelmed at the proc rate for the card. But, that stam is just too damn sweet to pass up. Last night I snagged Moroes' Pocket Watch. So now I'm in a weird situation. I know for certain bosses the Pocket Watch would blow the Figurine out of the water, but it feels weird having such a badass trinket just waiting for certain encounters. Block vs Dodge. Decisions decisions.
_________________
Neuron
Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:10 pm
How much dodge you have depends on how much gear you have access to, what other choices can you make, and what encounter you are doing. There is no perfect amount of dodge that exists without considering these things.

Here is a graph I made that might help you abit:



The values are not exact so its just a general reference.

Your avoidance is dodge + parry + total miss (defense + base).
Your health is your raid buffed health.

Then find your dot on the chart and compare how far away it is from the encounter you are doing.

If you are way way way to the right, that would probably be too much dodge.
_________________


Warcrafter - The new CTProfiles.
Dorvan
Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:16 pm
<insert brick-sized grain of salt comment about the above chart favoring avoidance too much for my tastes Wink >
Lore
Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:18 pm
I'm curious as to how you got to those numbers
_________________
Me, LOL!
kalbear
Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:19 pm
Indeed, his ass is wise.
Igrado
Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:43 am
lol
_________________

"And were I e'en to die, the cursed enemy would not tear his gaze from me for fear that I should rise back up."
Neuron
Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:15 am
I am never going to live it down apparently.

Anyways the point was just to help the poster understand the general perspective. Like I stated, the values are not exact, they are not even supposed to be exact. It is just to show the concept that generally you are giving up HP for dodge in some cases, so if you have too much dodge, your HP is too low, so try and find a happy balance. There is a general curve as you progress where both your HP and avoidance increase, and this chart just displays the curve. The values are not exact because the purpose is to see the curve, not find your exact values.

W/e I will just accept my fate Embarassed
_________________


Warcrafter - The new CTProfiles.