Skip to content
Maintankadin

Air totems

s4dfish
Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:00 pm

Air totems

I've been leveling with my wife's Resto shaman and I'm wondering what air totem works best with Tankadins? As Windfury is AP based I'd think it's of lesser value to a paladin tank, which opens up Wrath of Air (we don't have access to it yet, but soon...). 101 spell damage is something like... 50TPS? that's not too shabby. Just wondering what the community consensus is.
_________________
http://worldofs4dfish.blogspot.com
Nicos
Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:01 am
I've been instancing with a shaman as well... while he doesnt have Wrath yet... We usually throw down the following:

Grace Of Air (extra dodge)
Stoneskin or Earthbind
Mana Spring
... and the fire totem that gives +3% melee and spell crit

It works out fairly well... as soon as he gets Wrath of Air, I'll lose the extra dodge... but I'm ok with that.
_________________

Caelia
Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:03 am
Wrath of Air generally is the best, however with reckoning i do love to see windfury procs, because it does allow a double proc of SoR when it procs, so basically you get 2 shammies, 1 for wrath of air and another for windfury! Very Happy
_________________
Joacimcans
Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:57 pm
well i guess i definatly go against the crowd on this one............... Wrath of Air is 100 spell damage at 70 which is about 10 more damage to my season 2 mace with SoR. I think that WF is better because i get more hits in procing my 130ish SoR over increasing my SoR damage. So i definately prefer to have WF but thats just me.
_________________
Worldie
Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:48 pm
Most of all, don't forget that WF shares Reckoning's weakness: PARRY

If you are Maintanking something that hurts, WF is probably the worst idea.

WF is quite nice if you are offtanking since you grab a good part of your aggro from SoR and you aren't exactly going to spam consecration anyway.
When tanking, GoA and WoA beat WF by far.
_________________

Cakes
Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:51 pm
Well, you could get the best of both worlds and have your shaman twist both WF and WoA, but it does affect them and rotations quite a bit.