Skip to content
Maintankadin

Judgements, which to tank with

Savani
Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:50 am

Judgements, which to tank with

Im a blood elf paladin, not quite 70 yet, but still trying to get everything worked out before I get there.

Something I havent seen explained yet anywhere is which judgement for maximum threat.

On paper it would make sense to me to Judge Crusader(expecially the new 2.3 one) and then Seal of Righteousness, this way youre

A. not constantly Judging(saving mana)
B. increasing the dmg from ALL of your sources, not just when you hit.

youll still increase your seal of R's dmg, plus increase your reactive and consecrate dmg too.


Is my logic flawed? does anyone have #s to show me

JOR + SOR
vs
JOC + SOR

or is there a better combo?
Grigsby
Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:15 am
Well, with the new change to Crusader my Tanking will start with -

Seal/Judge of Blood For initial aggro -
Consecrate
Seal of Crusader
Judge when Judgement is available.
Seal of Righteousness from there.

I dont want to put the New crusader up with the 3% Crit bonus because I dont want some accidental crit damage pullin out on threat ahead of me.
Savani
Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:12 pm
that sounds like exactly what I was thinking, Glad to hear im not crazy and thank you for your response.
Dorvan
Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:20 pm
Using JotC and using JoR aren't mutually exclusive, you'd be better off using both. I usually use JoW as it tends to benefit my raid more than JotC (even with the crit), but in either case you should be judging whenever it's up in a single target scenario, cutting back on consecration if you're having mana issues.
Savani
Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:30 pm
blood cannot miss, and the first aggro gain is the most important by far.
Grigsby
Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:35 pm
Actually there is one change to my Rotation -

I do attempt to pull with Avenger's Shield whenever I can, because it's a good way to get threat to start - but That's an add-in for the start.

And Avenger's shield is Situational.
Lalecize
Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:51 pm
Im still a lowbie tank, but i tend to use the following:

SoR
JoR
Consecrate
SoR/JoR spam

If its a boss fight i use

SoR
JoR
Consecrate
SotC
JotC
SoR/JoR spam

I obviously dont have seal of blood yet, but is it more beneficial to open with crusader than rightousness?

I prefer rightousness for the initial threat, and on long single target fights ill pop a crusader for the extra threat.

Set me straight!
_________________
See my blog - http://sealofrogueshness.blogspot.com/
Utena
Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:01 pm
Actually, I'd judge Wisdom, unless threat was an issue. You'll be 5-manning for awhile. You'll need the mana. With a Cap'n America pull, you should be fine in getting the initial aggro.
_________________
My new 0/46/15 build
Worldie
Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:56 pm
Usually my pull goes like:

- Seal of Blood
- Avenger Shield (if possible)
- Holy Shield
- Judgement of Blood
- Seal of Righteousness
- Consecration

When the Judgement is up, i choose what to do depending on the fight:
- if it's going to be a mana intensive fight (or i'm outgearing and WILL run oom), i pop Seal of Wisdom and istantly judge it;
- if it's going to be a threat sensitive fight, i'm popping Seal of the Crusader and instantly judge it;
- if it's going to be a DPS based fight, i again pop Seal of the Crusader and instantly judge it; (this in 2.3 if i will have spare points to pick imp SoC)
After that, and in any other case i keep up SoR and judge it everytime Judgement is up.
_________________

Uthadanin
Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:40 pm
For a lowbie, (I am lvl 43) I tend to open up with seal of righteosness, judge it, concecrate, holy sheild, seal of wisdom. concecrate holy sheild cycle to about half health and than judge wisdom, seal back up with light, holy sheild concecrate cycle until all are dead.

I have a fair share of armor/health though, so I can take a beating for a while before the healer really needs to pay attention to me.

I am not horde, so no Blood for me.
Worldie
Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:13 am
Mostly for a lowbie, you will need only JoR and SoR.

You might use JoCr on bosses, or JoW if it's going to be a long fight. Some bosses also leave the chance for JoL (for istance, Uldaman's last boss could get both JoW or JoL)
_________________

Kombo
Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:41 am
i ran SP last night, i used blessing of wisdom, judgement of wisdom and seal of wisdom and almost didnt have a mana issue. The only times i lost threat is when the hunter pulled them off me before they reached me, usually not the skull either.
_________________
Kombo - Dreanor - Respecaholic Priest

490 def at 64, next goal, uncrushable to a 73 before 70