Skip to content
Maintankadin

Help on uncrushability

Aenim
Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:44 pm

Help on uncrushability

I need some advice on uncrushability. I'm only at 96.58% avoidance, but from what I've read I should be uncrushable by now. I'm MT'ing all of Kara, I've tanked Gruul for the guild's first kill (I survived through Growth 15), and I'm now one of the tanks on VR.

My main question is, looking at my gear, what should I be doing to get uncrushable? Should I be stacking defense or dodge/parry gems instead of stamina? If so, which? Are there major pieces of avoidance gear I'm missing given my 10-man level? Any help's appreciated.

I know I need nightbane/maiden/attumen drops - 2 months of runs without seeing them once. Tuesday will bring a new chestpiece.

(I finally got the dodge to cloak enchant yesterday, so my dodge is 1% higher than armory shows when I post this.)
_________________
Aalryn
Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:04 pm
Right now trinkets that help avoidance (moroes trinekt, dabri's enigma, etc) would help you more than a stamina trinket would.
_________________
Official tankadin of The Core <Tichondrius>
quoll
Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:40 pm
One of the best trinkets you could use to cover the gap would be the Figurine of the Colossus (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=27529) Bingo, free block rating on the way to uncrushability.
_________________
Aenim
Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:29 pm
thanks for responses. I have the Figurine trinket, no pocketwatch yet. People emphasized unbuffed HP so much, especially in deciding whether or not you are fit to tank a certain boss, that I equipped the darkmoon card instead.
The HP buff should make up for that tuesday though.

So, in general, is the best strat to first get uncrushable, then try to work on HP?
_________________
quoll
Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:07 am
The tactic I worked for was to hit uncrushability first, using stamina gems so when the time came I could use a stamina trinket over an avoidance one.
_________________
Miessi
Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:09 am
Instead of switching stamin gems for dodge gems, change you bracer enchant from stamina to defense.
You'll lose 12 sta either way, but 12 defense is better than 8 dodge.
_________________
Juliette
Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:47 am
The stamina will come. When I first reached uncrushability, I had only 10.7k HP unbuffed. But a few weeks later, it's now around 12.5k and I'm the preferred MT for Karazhan and especially Heroics in my guild.
_________________
Eneroth
Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:38 pm
Also think about the patch that will come out tommorrow, or so we think. That will give you an extra 10% to stamina, that should help you get some health that you are missing so you can change out your trinkets and hit uncrushable.
_________________