Skip to content
Maintankadin

What totems to ask for?

Miessi
Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:35 pm

What totems to ask for?

Yeah, what totems do you guys usually want the shammy to put up. I haven't raided a lot on this pally (read two times in Kara) and have never raided with a pally tank on my mage either. Heck, I don't even know what is best for 5-mans. Stoneskin, mana spring. But wrath of air or windfury? Grace of air on hardhitters I guess?

Any thoughts?
_________________
fuzzygeek
Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:20 pm
depends on what you need. Wrath for threat. Grace for avoidance. WF isn't terribly useful unless you're in a melee heavy group.
_________________
Candiru
Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:15 pm
WF will seriously increase the DPS of any warrior/ret paladin/rogue in your group and as such is always worth using if you have one of these in your group as the effects will outweigh anything else.

Totem of Wrath is awesome for spellhit and crit if you have an elemental shammie.
_________________
Miessi
Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:36 pm
We are not talking about totem of wrath, that is a firetotem (that only elemental shamen (shamans?)got). Wrath of air is the airtotem in the discussion.
_________________
Worldie
Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:57 pm
Depends on the situation.

Use Wrath of Air if you are in a threat sensitive fight.
Use Grace of Air if you are in a avoidance fight.
Use Windfury if you are in a limited-mana Offtanking situation. The WF proc should generate more threat than that 101 spelldamage.
_________________

fiorina
Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:39 pm
WoA + manaspring + flametongue(if you don't have oil up)
_________________
Yawata
Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:54 am
Well Since my Main is a Resto Shammie unless the tankadin asks he gets the following Strength of Earth Healing Stream and Grace for most.
Now for Kara I'd keep grace down for the trash to attunemen, then for him I flip to the mana spring and wrath. My pally was normally OT and i was his heals. trash to moroes its wrath only for the group pulls. On Moroes its back to grace. Every thing from that point on i'm used to a warr, however if i was dealing with it its as follows:
Maiden :wrath
Nightbane Grace
Curator:grace (agro isn't a problem damage is )
Aran: Grace ( he flips around so much its more for the party)
Netherspite: changes since your flipping tanks but normally wrath for the shammie
Prince doesn't matter, shammie better be outta range!
_________________
Aalryn
Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:04 am
I always prefer the totem that will best help the rest of my group out. if it is a high melee group, i prefer windfury. If it is a full caster group, wrath of air. and a hunter group, grace of air.


My threat is so ridiculously high, that I really dont care what I get. it's all about maxing out the dps for my group.
_________________
Official tankadin of The Core <Tichondrius>