Skip to content
Maintankadin

Am I crazy?

BuddyP
Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:33 pm

Am I crazy?

I see paladins at all levels of gear stacking block rating on their gear. Am I crazy being one who hates stacking block rating? I know we get a ton of threat from holy shield but it usually gets enough charges off to hold threat (I'm talking on single target tank jobs such as a boss) and it isn't that much more threat on a mob hitting 2.0 or slower.

Am I crazy wanting to avoid block and stack dodge/block value/stam?
_________________
Invisusira
Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:41 pm
No, you're not crazy.

Miss, dodge and parry are counted before block on the attack table, so you could have 100% chance to block and it would still only ACTUALLY be 50% (assuming a generic 10% miss 20% dodge 20% parry).
_________________
armory | youtube | stuff
Lore
Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:41 pm
Most early progression paladins stack block rating to help hit uncrushable.

Most late progression paladins have a ton of block rating whether they're looking for it or not, because it's everywhere.
_________________
Me, LOL!
Worldie
Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:37 pm
I also was stacking parry and dodge at the beginning.

Then i ran oom on Gruul and i started to change...
_________________

Gracerath
Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:25 am
I never had to stack block rating. It came naturally when I upgraded my gear.
_________________
fuzzygeek
Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:43 pm
Block Rating is cheap, and allows for stam stacking.

Depends on which school of thought you follow.
_________________
Lansky
Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:53 pm
I'd say that around the T5 to T6 transition I stopped looking at my total value towards uncrushable and worrying about block rating period. As Lore said just based on the fact that the gear gets better all around it can make you lazy about such things. For example for Bloodboil I use a set of gear I have labeled "OT Threat". It maximizes spell damage and uses the 4 piece T6 bonus to consecrate. I give up a lot of avoidance in this set but magically I'm still well above 102.4% combined anti crush stats just due to the higher average Ilvl of my gear.

Short answer you are not crazy. As you keep gaining access to higher levels of items you begin to stop looking at the items +/- crush value and more at it in terms of +/- stam, BV, avoidance, threat, and so on.
_________________
Lansky BE Paladin Mannoroth
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&n=Lansky