Skip to content
Maintankadin

Divine Shield + Taunt

Azraiel
Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:11 am

Divine Shield + Taunt

Hi,

I'm still not at 70 yet but I heard talk that after initially losing aggro on your target when you bubble, that you can taunt it back to you?

I was basically wondering if once you've taunted it back you can keep generating threat on that target as normal or is your threat generation stopped for the duration of the bubble?

It seems useful enough to remove annoying debuffs (BM 2nd boss healing debuff) and then cancel the aura to get the mob back but I was wondering if it could act as the "oh shit" skill that people think is needed for protadins?


I haven't been able to test this yet so I was just wondering if anyone has tried this to see if threat generation is the same when bubbled? Though 12 seconds of invulnerable tanking seems very far fetched I was just intrigued by the possibility Smile

Also, completely unrelated but is it possible to aoe tank all of the mini pheonixes in the trash pulls before the Al'ar room? at the moment we've been playing safe by CCing them all until the handlers are dead.

Thanks,

Azraiel
Vanifae
Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:27 am
You can grab aggro after the bubble but once the debuff runs out it will once again attack a target that isn't immune to its attacks.
_________________
Visit my crappy blog... Nerf This...
Longadin
Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:19 am
yes u can tank the mini falcons before A'lar. I do it all the time. The first time the guild did it, we cced everything, and picked one by one.

Then I said. Hey. They don't hit hard. Why not let me tank one instead and put the other two tanks on the falconers.

Never looked back since.

And it makes that part so much easier cos we just burn everything down in like 3 mins Very Happy
_________________
Longadin - Aman'Thul Horde
paltank
Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:21 am

Macro for this.

I'm a fairly new paladin, so i'm sure this has been stated before.

Basically i use a macro like this:

/cast [nomodifier] Divine Protection
/cancelaura [modifier:alt] Divine Protection

When i'm sheeped or need to get rid of some debuffs, i push 0 to bubble then alt+0 to dispel the bubble before i lose aggro, works a charm.

Sometimes you don't even need to taunt the mob back, they just go on hitting you.