Skip to content
Maintankadin

Gruul is crushing me

Donjuan
Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:58 am

Gruul is crushing me

I have great tanking gear, and am unrsuable, unctittable and all that stuff, but ffs gruul still crushes me???? I had just pressed holy sheild and he still crushed me. At the moment I am giving itt he benefit of oubt, for eg. perhaps i had my back to him or ate all my charges or something. But tbh getting crushed by gruul for a pally anway is almost instant wipe. Any tips guys? what you think was going on?

I have had theses issues before ie getting critted by mobs even though having 515 def ect ect. I been crushed by prince too once ( that was cause i put my back to him, Razz, but with gruul i felt like there was no reason to get crushed).

Granted it was out first go on gruul lair (killed he firts boiss after 3 misfires) and maybe in the excitement i didnt realise i put my back to him or something.

I was hateful strike tank and when existing tank died sue to spike damage I took over for a bit. Until I too died from spike. Then the last tank died , also due to spike damage. We are all well geared and its kind of strange to hear about noobs in greens and blues tanking him and we cant in our epics Sad

PS. no need to armoury me, I am retnoob at the moment as i needed my ten (ffs another huge gold pit, all these respecs are killing my purse). Anyway I have it all from kara except the panzar chest plate , iron maiden gloves, moroes lucky watch, and nighbane shield. In those places i have righteous chest, justicar gloves, heroic badge shield, and the shield block trinket.
_________________
http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bronze+Dragonflight&n=Donjuan

Gracerath
Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:21 am
Not that I don't want to take your word for it but there has to be something else going on. Did you parse the raid by chance?

Make sure you aren't hitting your sit hotkey (mine is X) and keep an eye on your latency. If you are standing still tanking him with Holy Shield up and you are still getting crushed.. well.

If you took over tanking after several growths (10 or so), he hits quite a bit harder and only gets worse from there. It may not be that you are getting crushed, just getting hit harder than the start of the fight due to growths.

Anyhow, no way of really knowing whats up without some sort of data to pick apart.
_________________
Nemi
Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:21 am
sounds like you were crushed due to one of the following things happening:

1. Silenced
2. Positioning (he knocks you around its possible the server can register him as "behind" you when you stand too near him.)
3. Lag

Its been said before but i'll re-iterate what I mean by lag. With holy sheild on 10 sec duration and 10 sec cooldown theres always .5 or greater seconds depending on your latency that you are crushable due to the server not regestering that you've mashed your holy sheild hotkey.
_________________