Skip to content
Maintankadin

BoS for Hunters?

Quindar
Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:48 am

BoS for Hunters?

Hello.

I was wondering yesterday about 2 hunters asking for BoS on Void Reaver.
Normaly i buff hunters with BoM...

Is there any reason for this?
Hunters can wipe the whole thread with freign death every 30 seconds..?
Ulushnar
Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:50 am
Feign can be resisted, and then you're in a world of crap. If there's enough Pallies in the raid, I certainly don't mind BoS on my Hunter.
_________________
http://www.wulfsblood.com - Wow Blog

Quindar
Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:02 am
Yes, it an be resisted, but if only 50% are not resisted, hunters will pull aggro even when wiping the aggro every minute?

There was only 1 Paladin Buff available.
Aineias
Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:37 am
The hunters in my guild want other blessings before Salvation... it depends on how many of us pallies are in the raid - anywhere's from 1 (usually at least 2) to 5. 4 is the most we've had ever, but we just picked up another holy pally for our raid group.

The hunters decided that they wanted these blessings, in this order...

1. Kings
2. Might
3. Wisdom
4. Salvation
5. Light

So far it's worked for them, the times they don't have Salvation I've never seen them pull aggro on a boss fight.

The other night while taking some pratice (IE wipes) attempts at FLK, they found out how good that Salvation worked... we were trying to find a way to pull that worked best for us... and they decided on one attempt to have me pull with AS... tried to tell them ahead of time it would work the way they wanted lol...

The hunters MD the other 2 adds I hit with AS to their tanks, but couldn't pull aggro off of me... by the time the MD wore out, I'm spamming HS and generating even more threat...

We tried a different approach after that Smile
_________________
Whitewolf
Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:03 am
Hunters are generally a pretty threat-heavy class if they dont' use FD... I'd rather give the Hunter Salvation, and make it so he doesn't have to FD, and perhaps get an unlucky string of crits.

My Blessing Order for almost all DPS is:
Salvation
Kings/Might(Rogues)
Wisdom
Light etc.

I find it easier to allow them to go harder, rather then adding a few hundred AP. *Shrugs* Personal approach, I guess...the way I figure it is the less they have to stop to drop aggro, the more damage they are doing. I have a pretty caster-heavy group in every raid though....or, most anyways. I seem to be bringing an increased # of melee DPS as they annihlate on the charts...and casters almost always need the Salvation. Shadow priests are the biggest threatwhores to grace us with there presence Razz
Aramadin
Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:12 am
I was hunter CL before i rolled a prot paladin. I personally never ever ask for BoS. I always have: Might, kings and/or wisdom.

Same goes for the other hunters in the guild at that point. I never let them have BoS Razz
Lansky
Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:58 am
There are hunters and there are huntards.

One class needs BoS and one does not.

Currently our resident hunter (yeah we have one) takes BoL over BoS because its more useful. I can't remember him pulling aggro off a tank ever and all the while he is a top 5 dps beating a rogue or two depending on the fight. This is a hunter.

We once had a hunter that would pull aggro constantly and FD seemed to always be resisted at a bad time because he would never take the GCD to ensure his threat was cleared early when he was not given a large lead. He was routinely under every other dps class in damage done while being threat capped somehow. I still do not know how this is possible but this was one "special" guy. This is a huntard.
_________________
Lansky BE Paladin Mannoroth
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&n=Lansky
Erendis
Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:14 am
I gotta tell you I hate it when Pallys give me salvation. To me it seems like they are telling me I don't know how to play my class. I'd prefer (at my gear level)

1. BoM
2. BoK
3. BoW
4. BoL
5. BoSanc
6. BoSal

If i had more Agi I'd prefer Kings. Salvation is pretty much worse than no buff as it weakens MD and makes chain trapping harder if in a CC situation.

That being said... leveling (and tanking) with my pally has made me hate other hunters. Why can't they ever FD and why won't they turn growl off? Makes me realize why it was hard to get into PuGs with my hunter. Sad
_________________