First off if I ramble please forgive as I'm trying to get across what I'm wanting to find. I've been a prot. pally since the first day I started playing WoW during Burning Crusades. I leveled prot. and with little exception I've always been a tank. It's what I've wanted to be always. Due to an uncooperative work schedule I was basically a casual player that was behind the level/gear curve to raid with any consistency what-so-ever. A few months ago I returned to WoW and have loved coming back. I finished those last 5 levels to 90 and spend some time on Timeless to gear up as best as I can at the moment.(See armory link below)
I find myself, thanks to LFR, able to look to raid when I can and experience what I've always wanted to do, be the tank of a raid. However since I have little/no experience raiding I'm unsure if I'm ready mentally to take the role. I spend time trying to read everything I can about the raids but other than this site I haven't found as much as I'd like about specifically my role in raids. I guess my main worry is am I ready mentally, or should I just grow a pair and jump in lol. I don't want to be the best right off the bat but I don't want to royally screw up either.
I guess my question or advice I'm hoping to find is how do I approach my first few times mentally so I can do my job to the best of my abilities and get comfortable so I can enjoy this part of WoW as much as I enjoy the rest of it. It's a part of WoW that I've long wanted to experience and now that I have a chance I want to make the most of it.
Melias
Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:01 pm
