Skip to content
Maintankadin

How often do you JoR?

Shylo
Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:58 am

How often do you JoR?

Here is my basic spell rotation:

1. SotC
2. AS
3. JotC
4. SoR
5. Consecrate
6. HS - Refreshing when CD is up
7. JoR - please see below

I JoR when the Judgement CD is up to kill faster and generally used on 1-2 mobs. I JoR right before the SoR expires for mobs of more then 2.

What is the best JoR rotation, mainly for mobs greater then 2?


Invisusira
Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:26 am
I use JoR quite a bit actually, it's good for grabbing initial aggro on extra mobs that your concecrate might not nessecarily pick up, plus I have it que'd up in case my shield misses.
_________________
armory | youtube | stuff
Worldie
Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:50 am
I JoR about everytime the CD is up, no GCD <3
_________________

Windra
Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:53 am
When tanking more than one mob, I will usually pull with Avenger's Shield, judge Righteousness on the first-kill target for initial aggro, and then judge/seal Wisdom on a different target, all while keeping up Holy Shield and one or two Consecrations. This is generally to keep my mana up after each fight in 5-mans in order to move to the next pull quickly.

In a raid however, I'll judge it at every available opportunity.
_________________
70 Human Paladin, Windrunner
Armory Profile: Linky linky
Tiandelin
Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:14 am
I generally use it whenever it's up. When it bumps up against the HS cooldown (2/2 Improved Judgement), I just judge first, hit HS, then hit SoR again. I tend to use JoW instead of JotC for mana regen, and unless I'm MTing a boss or tanking an AoE pull, I tend to be reserved in my use of consecrate.

In raids, I usually open with JoB as my initial judgement instead for its reliability. I'm still haunted by that memory of Leotheras resisting my first SoR, nimbly dodging around my consecrate, and running all the way across the room in a couple seconds to slaughter a few people before I could reach him.
_________________
ehly
Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:05 am
In a raid, def every single time it is available. Smile Going to break my #2 key one of these days.
_________________

guild: http://www.neltharionsfury.com/
Domodios
Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:51 pm
Here us the thing, like many classes your only as good as what you have past cool down. So use JoR by all mean but make dam sure your Holy shield is NEVER waiting to be used. Watch all of your cooldowns to know when Holy shield is up or down or other. Also use Jor as you need it ahead on threat by a good margin don'r waste the mana unless your above 40% toal mana. Those ar ate least my thoughts.
Zhalseran
Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:03 pm
Usually I JoR every time it is up.

Initial pull looks something like this:

Seal of Righteousness
(Avenging Wrath if it is a boss)
Avenger's Shield
Judgment of Righteousness/reseal
Consecrate
Holy Shield
Judgment of Rightousness
Consecrate
Holy Shield
Judgement of the Crusader / Wisdom
_________________
Shylo
Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:16 am
Thanks everyone for you replies. I appears that I am not using JoR as often as most. I will adjust my rotation a bit and see what happens, sounds promising. Thanks...

somegaijin42
Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:37 am
For me, it's generally every CD, but once I get a healthy (30% or so) threat lead, I tend to hold off, to let 5SR kick in and get some mana regen. After that, I wait until DPS is about to catch up, and start spamming every CD again.
_________________
Agravaine
Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:39 pm
My rotation:

AS
HS
JoR
Cons
SoR
SoCrus
JoCrus

Then, once crusader is down, I'll refresh HS as needed and then burn a bit of mana on a AW cycle.

Thereafter, it's always HS, JoR SoR and then cons depending on the state of my mana.