Skip to content
Maintankadin

Parry & dps location

YoYoMa
Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:44 am

Parry & dps location

I'm looking for some data that indicates from where a boss can parry an attack from the melee dps? If we consider you can attack him from 360 degrees, do they need to be betwen 4 and 8 o'clock (if the boss is facing 12)? What points on the circle are free for them to attack from? We always say behind but I was looking for more concrete numbers for what that means. Thanks.
Lore
Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:46 am
I believe its a 180 degree arc in front of him.
_________________
Me, LOL!
YoYoMa
Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:20 am
kind of what i figured.. since I think we were seeing some indicators when people (or pets) were around the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock areas. Thanks

**edit** just browsing some of our wws files. Looking at tidewalker specifically since I know that's a fight that we just have everybody stand behind him and dps the entire time. I'm still seeing parries by tidewalker from rogues and warriors (not tanking him). I'll keep a closer eye but I am almost certain that there is no way anybody is up in the front arc of him. hrm....
Suikano
Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:52 am
If you want to nail it down for sure, try doing it yourself with angling for parry's and blocks versus a single mob and see where the cutoff is for him getting your your mitigation.
_________________