Skip to content
Maintankadin

Spell Rotation when leveling protection?

Saltychip
Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:12 pm

Spell Rotation when leveling protection?

Hi everyone, I stumbled upon this site and It's great. I love all the information here and I intend on being a Protection Paladin endgame. Right now I'm currently level 36 and full protection. I'm curious of a few certain things though.

When killing one mob at a time as slow as it is. Is it better to judge Seal of Light then hit Seal of Right and just auto attack until death?

On multiple mobs this is my basic rotation with 3-5 mobs.

*Seal of Light, judge Seal of Light on first mob. Concecrate. Mob dies. Rinse repeat on all mobs until they are dead.

So basically I'm curious of the different rotation on single mobs vs mutiple mobs when leveling.

Thanks for all the help!

-Salty

P.S here is my armory link http://wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Area+52&n=Saltychips
Jozen
Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:21 am
I am currently level 45 as a protection paladin. When fighting single targets I will usually just use SoR to kill the single target as fast as possible. When fighting 3+ I cast SoL and keep it up until about 5 seconds or less are left on the seal. Then I judge it on one of the higher life targets and switch over to that one. I then will recast SoL or SoW depending on if I need Mana or Health. Since I have improved Holy Shield, I generally use that over consecrate.
Quean
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:50 am
Yea, like Adese said, I generally judge wisdom and hit SoR, and I tend to judge then whenever the CD is up unless I'm getting really low on mana, which usually wont happen until the 3rd or 4th mob. Since I don't like drinking, having to pay for water and all (my main is a mage, so this paying for water thing is no fun >.<) I'll judge wisdom and hit seal of wisdom on a mob when I'm close to oom...usually by the time my autoattack kills it I'm about back to full, and I can continue on my merry way Smile
_________________
Frankiexxxafied
Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:11 am
Level 40 prot here:

when I fight 1 mob, I judge crusader on the mob, then SoR/JoR/reseal SoR.
Each time the judgment CD is up I JoR/reseal SoR again and do that until it's dead.
cordelia
Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:30 pm
One thing overlooked here is JoW/SotC. It's a very nice combo with a fast weapon. It may even return more mana than JoW/SoW sometimes, plus it definitely kills faster than JoW/SoW.

Oh, another thing, if you haven't figured it out yet. Always prefer JoW/SoW over JoL/SoL if you know you'll survive the fight. Popping FoL and HL after the fight nets you much more total health/mana.
_________________