Skip to content
Maintankadin

Why can't I cast Divine Guardian?

econ21
Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:01 pm

Why can't I cast Divine Guardian?

Several times in Nefarian fights, I have clicked Divine Guardian prior to crackle but it has not worked. Sometimes, it has come up with a "invalid target" error message. It was not on cooldown. Anyone know why it would not cast?

The only thing I can think of is that another pally in the raid had already cast it and the spell was smart enough not to be cast when the raid wall was already up. But that would be very smart.

Any ideas? Most times I have tried it on the fight, it works. But there have been half a dozen times when it has not.
KysenMurrin
Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:05 pm

Re: Why can't I cast Divine Guardian?

If you're more than 30 yards away from all other members of the group it won't fire. You have to have at least one valid target in range, and you get the Invalid Target error if that's not the case.
econ21
Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:20 pm

Re: Why can't I cast Divine Guardian?

KysenMurrin wrote:If you're more than 30 yards away from all other members of the group it won't fire. You have to have at least one valid target in range, and you get the Invalid Target error if that's not the case.


Thanks - that explains the message. A few times I may be on one dragon against one wall and most of the raid is on the other away off. (I would have thought my healer was usually near, but maybe not always.) I don't think I always got that error when DG was not castable, so it may not be the whole story but the problem was infrequent so maybe that's all there is too it.