Places a Hand on the party or raid member, reducing their total threat by 2% every 1 sec for 10 sec.
I infer that after 10 sec, it will have reduced the threat of a member by 20%. And will persist until you place it on someone else. (Does it persist out of combat?]
I guess my question is what is "total threat"?[1] Is it basically a function of all the dps they have done at the time the spell is cast, extending 10 seconds after casting? Or does it also lower the threat they will create by future dpsing? In otherwords, does it make the target always create a flow of 20% less threat or does it only reduce by 20% the stock of threat they have generated prior to the spell taking full effect?
The reason for asking is that I am wondering when the best time to cast it is - would it be ok to cast it on the fury warrior prior to the pull - rather like prot warriors used to cast vigilance to lower threat? Or should I wait a bit into the fight for him to have done some heavy dps? I'd much prefer it if casting prior to the pull was ok, as the start of a fight tends to be a little chaotic.
[1]I know what threat is in the context of a taunt - you get the threat of the person you are taunting off. So if that applies here, I guess an out of combat casting of the hand is dumb - they have not got any threat to be reduced.
