Hey,
I was wondering if anyone else got problems with AOE threat or if it's just me.
When both my fellow tank and me make threat on a pack of mobs (first trashpacks and packs before Cho'gall in BoT spring to mind), if I don't pull with Divine Plea --> Inquisition --> Avenging Wrath --> HotR-spam, then there's no way in hell I can hold aggro over him, no matter what class the other one is, no matter what I do.
I first noticed this problem in patch 4.0.1 pre-cata when doing HC Lich King tries. I had big problems keeping those adds on me and when me and the warrior tank switched places after some wipes, he never lost threat on a single one. First I thought it was because of Vigilance and Shockwave, but similar things happened with druid and dk tanks.
Until now I accepted it as a counterbalance for our strong raidutility and just insisted that the other tank goes on add-duty (which they most of the time loved to do). However, this morning I've read this article on wow.joystiq.com and the writer said "-- and, let's face it, as a paladin tank you'll probably be on adds --".
So now I'm wondering if the problem lies with me.
Statwise, I strife to 0% and 10 expertise (with the glyph) but so do my fellow tanks (except DK). I'm using the HotR glyph and am using that ability every CD. I'm blowing all my holy power on Inquisition but I'm rarely using Consecration due to mana problems (don't have it talented).
Link to my character.
Thanks for any help.
Sophotrates
Sat May 21, 2011 9:27 am
