due to our raid setup changing I have decided to move over from my DK tank to my Paladin tank. When I ran heroics with this char at 6% hit I had no threat issues at all, but I seem to struggle with threat in our raid group (mostly a MM hunter who does excellent damage) when using a gear set optimized for survivability. It is not readily apparent to me why. My gear is not exactly highend (as is the gear of the rest of the raid), but my DK isn't that much above my paladin and she has no threat problems at all. We have started raiding 5 weeks ago and are at 10/12. We are currently fighting Al'Akir.
I have spent quite some time reading through this website and other sources (mostly Elitist Jerks) so you can assume that I know the current theorycrafting. However, I would appreciate any feedback. Could it be that paladin tanks are on the lower end of the current TPS meters? Am I just used to DKs being very high single target TPS? Or should I get more threat stats and maybe change my spec by speccing into SotP instead of EG?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
(I have no idea if my char is automatically linked by this forum, so here is my armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ulduar/inaya/advanced. I optimized dodge / parry for raid buffs and I chose to not use the AS glyph since I would not want to miss the utility of a 3 target interrupt and silence.)
Edit: Oh, and I found the search function and used it. However, I didn't find any posts dealing with this particular question.
