bldavis wrote:most of us run with priests
but if you dont have a priest of any spec, by all means use this!
it is a great addition
...or a warrior, or a lock, or a beast hunter...there's lots of ways to get that juicy stam buff nowadays. But certainly, by all means, if you're not running with any of the above, the runescroll is a great addition and should not be overlooked. While it's never an issue for the raids I'm on, I've got a guildie who keeps those plus the "cheap kings" drums buff (since he's a LW) on hand just in case we ever get into a pug heroic that can't/won't cover most/all of the buffs...rare, but it happens.
I suppose the biggest reason people don't mention the runescroll is #1) assumption the buff will be covered by a player, and #2) it's simply overlooked because of #1. There's certainly no reason it should not be used if the stam buff is not being covered by an actual player ability (and imo that logic applied even before the 4.0.6 fix).