Skip to content
Maintankadin

Seal Of Vengeance

Steelhammer
Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:15 pm

Seal Of Vengeance

Hit 64 yesterday and tried this puppy out, got 5 stacks up right away and kept them up on the Elite the whole time, next mob (rock giants in Hellfire) same thing. I was using Sedai's Blade (2.0), now I have read a ton of stuff that it works better on a slower weapon, but that is not appearing to be the case in the 3-4 mobs I tried it out on this morning. Can someone shed some light here for me? Was I just lucky?

Thanks
_________________
Xalran
Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:24 am
SoV is based off of Procs-per-minute I believe, so a slower weapon results in more reliable procs. It's not intended to proc every hit, so if that doesn't happen, it's not because you're unlucky, it's because it's working as intended.
_________________
jere
Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:36 am
It works best on a 3.0 speed weapon and then decreases from there no matter if you go higher or lower, though going higher has less impact than going lower.

That said, there really is very little difference in the various speeds, plus if you spec into precision and combat expertise in the patch, along with a weapon with spell hit (CB, MGG, etc), then the gap will close much more significantly.

I use a 1.6 speed weapon with it currently and have very little problems. Occasionally the stack does fall off on raid bosses, but it usually is never a problem when that happens as I have ample threat and the stack can simply rebuild.
_________________