Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tanking trinkets

Tazok
Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:29 pm

Tanking trinkets

I am currently using Regal Protectorate and Dabiri's Enigma as my tanking trinkets. I am was hoping that someone could list some upgrades i should make sure i get as i lvl in northrend. Also would it be worth my time getting Adamantine Figurine or Figurine of the Colossus? Here is my armory link http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&n=Rebkoril . Any suggestions on upgrades i would appreciate
kenshin648
Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:43 pm
The Seal of the Pantheon is a great tanking trinket that doesnt require one to farm heroics for.
_________________
I appologize in advance for any posts the human inside me makes.

Riposte
Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:06 pm
Honestly, you'll have no trouble tanking up to 80 in whatever quest/drop/70 gear you get. It will probably be more worthwhile for you to level up as opposed to running the old content, but if you have a particular love for TBC dungeons, it wont hurt gathering those other trinkets. I continued to use Dabiri's Enigma well into my level 80 gearing just because I didn't have anything better to put there.

Once you hit 80 you'll want to get Seal of the Pantheon, as mentioned in the above post. I run that and Essence of Gossamer, which is just a fat stam trinket. The options are fewer than in TBC, but even if it takes you a while to gear up your trinkets, the ones you are using will suffice in the meantime.
Jestus
Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:28 am
Those trinkets will last you most of the way if not all the way to 80. Due to bad luck on drops I recently replaced my Regal Protectorate with Seal of the Pantheon, and to be honest still have the other you listed equipped as again I've had bad luck. So don't worry too much about those trinkets for a while, at least until you hit 77 or 78 and can effectively tank Hall of Lightning.
_________________
[url] http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hellscream&n=Jestus [/url] BElf Protection Paladin Hellscream Server
fuzzygeek
Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:03 pm
There don't appear to be any "tanking" trinkets available via 5 mans or quests, other than the Seal, which drops in Normal HoL.

http://www.lootrank.com/wr.asp?Cla=32767&Slot=12&Def=5&Dod=5&blv=5&blr=5&par=5&Ver=6&i1=0&i2=0&i3=0&i4=0&i7=0&i8=0&i9=0&j1=0&j2=0&j3=0&j5=0&j6=0&j7=0&j8=0&k1=0&k2=0&k3=0&k4=0&k5=0&k6=0

I guess blizz didn't think it worthwhile to itemize any ...

It's not worth the time to go back to farm trinkets, as you could use the, say, 4 hours of farming to just gain another level.

And as others have said -- what you've got will last you to 80.
_________________
Torquemada
Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:17 pm
There are two tanking trinkets that drop from Heroics, once you get there. Essence of Gossamer off the second boss of Heroic AzN, and Lavanthor's Talisman from Lavanthor in Heroic VH. Both are very pimpy.
_________________

Heroic Hogger - Now with Fresh Lemon Scent!
Koatanga
Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:43 pm
I love the Seal of the Pantheon because it frees up so many options for enchants and gems instead of just stacking defense rating.

My other trinket is my good old level 70 Commendation of Kael'Thas. The proc of that trinket, combined with Ardent Defender, has saved me on several occasions.

And after all, that's what tanking is all about, for me. Stack just enough threat to keep the bad guys away from your good guys, then pile on as much survivability as you can possibly get.

I would still like Essence of Gossamer http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37220 to drop, but the Commendation http://www.wowhead.com/?item=34473 is fine for now.

My problem with the epic trinkets is few of them have stats in addition to on-use or on-proc benefits. Sure the armor/dodge and parry ones are nice, but worth losing 57 (or 111) stamina? Stam works on all types of attack; armor and parry only work on physical damage. I guess for situational use (hi Patch!) they are nice to have.
Annadin
Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:13 am
...but whatever you do, don't throw your old trinkets away (thinking Daibri's for example) until you have a direct, solid upgrade. You might find yourself needing to swap an old trinket in to make a new gearset work while you're still working on your Sons of Oh Dear rep for the shoulder enchant, for example...

...and don't throw Figurine of the Colossus away ever. Very Happy
_________________