Skip to content
Maintankadin

Questions for a Leveling Tankadin

Koralas
Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:25 pm

Questions for a Leveling Tankadin

I am just now level 74, http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Vek%27nilash&n=Koralas.

Notes
I'll be dropping Skinning for either BS or JC. (depending on the feedback I get here)

Questions
Am I on the right track Talent and Gearwise?
Should I swap out Skinning for BC or JC?
Should I stay Prot until 80, or switch to ret and just burn my way up to 80?

Criticism and Feedback are appreciated.
_________________
DisRuptive1
Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:39 pm
BS and JC are the best professions you can have for a tank.

Doesn't matter what your talent tree is, you can respec into a tanking spec when you decide that more than 50% of your playing time will be dedicated to tanking.

As for gear, wear ret gear for leveling, wear tank gear for tanking.

Stay prot till 80, it will save respec costs. Wear ret gear if you think your dps is crap. Take Reckoning for leveling.
Koralas
Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:57 am
Thanks Alot!

I've been mining up the needed materials for JC and BS. I will probably end up switching to both at max level.

Although, are the BOP's from BS really worth it? There is a Max BS in our guild already, so if I dont need to do that I'd like to keep Mining for the Titansteel CD.
_________________
Chunes
Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:20 am
iirc, the reason to get BS is for the added meta and other sockets unique to BS'ing.

combine that with the JC only gems and it's pretty win for a tank.
_________________
Shoju
Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:54 am
Pretty much what has already been told to you. Leveling as prot is all about AoE. When you do quests, round up and kill as many as possible. When I was prot (i have succumbed to the dark side of Ret) I found that it took me just as long to kill 6 as it did to kill 2-3. As my gear improved, and I moved into t5/6 gear, I was taking packs of 10 on the Isle Of QQ to give me a challenge. As a BE, Casters were a little easier to deal with, but not much.

Now, I just take'em as they come. 1, 2, 5, it doesn't matter. They are each dead after I judge them the first time but before I get to judge them a second time.