Skip to content
Maintankadin

Do you cleanse?

chrisronline
Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:18 pm

Do you cleanse?

I was doing a PuG heroic AN yesterday and I was noticing that my healer (paladin) was not cleansing the poisons off me which most likely made healing me harder.

so basically I took it upon myself to cleanse the poisons (of course, that was a secondary priority to establishing threat) in order to help the healer.

Have you guys ever found that yourself cleansing yourself to help the PuG healer?
_________________
Valerius
Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:26 pm
All the time. I very rarely ever seem to have issues with threat so I really haven't had to worry about it that part of it much except perhaps at the beginning of a fight.

I have Cleanse bound to Shift+Right Click using the Clique addon which is a holdover from my days as a healer on fights like Maiden in Kara and such. I am normally in the top one or 2 cleansers when we do 10/25 mans as well, I guess I'm just used to it.
Wolvar
Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:12 pm
I almost never cleanse. Necrotic poison is about the only thing I actively cleanse.
_________________
Spectrum
Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:26 pm
I cleanse all the time. I'm disappointed that my resto shaman still hasn't gotten the Intense Cold achivement from Keristraza when anytime I run on my pally at least 3 people in the group seem to get it. No one else cleanses. Sad
_________________


No really, I'm not addicted.
Thornir
Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:38 pm
I actually bound Cleanse to alt + "-", as it is easier to use when using a laptop (stupid touchpads).

But yeah, the real question is, do you not use cleanse?
_________________
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir
Thalani
Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:56 pm
I'm kind of perplexed by this.
I have 3 always set to whatever dispel I have for all my chars and alt is my self-cast modifier. I can alt-3 faster than the healers can cleanse, typically.
As an experiment, I've run through instances and raids without cleansing and typically end up still doing it myself after a fight even with 3 paladins, a shaman, and a priest in the raid.
In the end, even while tanking, I end up cleansing everybody I can get my 3 key on.

-T.
Vanifae
Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:33 pm
I always self cleanse, no reason not to. You should have mana to spare.
_________________
I am fucking awesome.
Freyas
Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:42 pm
I've got tilde bound to a macro that cleanses my mouseover target if it's friendly or else self-casts cleanse. I generally cleanse myself so long as I have mana and a comfortable threat lead, and I try and cleanse others if it's important, or if the healer can't cure the debuff (poisons for priests, magic for druids). For things like the venommancers in H-AN, I'll cleanse the poisons to allow the healer to try and keep up with the incoming damage.
_________________

Frejas: 80 Protection Paladin
Tempestra: 74 Affliction Warlock
Suli: 71 Moonkin Druid
Rashiel: 70 Beast Hunter
Vanadis: 70 Death Knight
Arcand
Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:21 am
Self/mouseover cleanse macro. I make a game out of trying to cleanse faster than the healer and I manage it more often than not.
_________________
Everything in war is very simple. But in war, even the simplest thing is difficult.