Skip to content
Maintankadin

Oh Sh!t Buttons

Isetnefret
Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:35 am

Oh Sh!t Buttons

I have several trinkets that I've been using pretty much only on boss fights, when the boss gets down to 30% or so, or when I know there's about to be a huge damage spike inc.


The entire rest of the time...I'll pop em if I'm thinking about it.

Do you think it's better to save those trinkets "just in case", or to just use them on every C/D? Lavanthor's Talisman seems like it should be used as much as possible.
_________________
Arcand
Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:42 am
I bind trinkets to my rotation abilities so they get used as much as possible. Otherwise I succumb to the temptation to "hang onto them until things get a little worse" and they never get used.

Bubble Wall and Improved Lay on Hands are my panic buttons and so far I'm fairly content with them.
_________________
"Almost silent, but watchful and helpful."
Thornir
Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:09 pm
Lavanthor's Tailsman comes after Holy Shield, before SHoR.

Health Pot if I'm below half health for more than 5 seconds, Mana Pot if I'm OOM for more than 10.

LoH only when healer is down or not paying attention.

Bubblewall is saved for enrage.

Shield is when OTing/ProtDPSing.

I'm trying to get used to using Hands, live Salv and Sac and Freedom, more often, but I have a hard time putting them in my rotation.

PvP Trinket for the random fear mobs. Rolling Eyes
_________________
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir
daemonym
Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:11 pm
i use my jc crab when i'm gathering trash mobs up in the off chance they get behind me for a moment or the healer isn't there just yet. then i use my valor medal on the next pack and rotate like that. on boss fights, if there's no expected enrage or anything like that i'll just chain my trinkets and use bubble wall on the last 30% or so. but if it's a fight like king dred, i'll use one each time he does his emote for the incoming spike.

tl;dr: nothing dangerous coming? use liberally. know something bad will happen? wait for it.
_________________
Snake-Aes
Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:41 am
Mostly, that. For trash I run my trinkets "auto", and for bosses I like to pull with the trinket running, and then use it about 2/3 as much as if it was on auto.
_________________
Promoted from Spankadin to Rayearth Magic Knight!
WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Stairway to Heaven
Levantine
Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:53 am
Depends what I'm fighting, really. Like, on Patches I'll pop my avoidy trinkets at the start and then again at the frenzy, on Faerlina I'll just stagger everything so there's always something up.
_________________
Levantine: Frost Tank
Anzen: Restogoat
Popeadin: Retardin
Ulushnar
Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:17 am
The only "oh shit" button i use with regularity is Divine Protection, which I tend to pop as soon as I'm spiked down into ~40% health. I save LoH for emergencies (like a healer suddenly dying) and I use Repelling Charge for things like Maexxna's web spray, because I've found myself being burst down there.
_________________
I am a sexy, shoeless God of War!
Levantine
Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:20 am
It's always fun having an avoidance trinket that works through Web Spray.

ILY Lichborne
_________________
Levantine: Frost Tank
Anzen: Restogoat
Popeadin: Retardin
Levantine
Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:24 am
You're just jealous.
_________________
Levantine: Frost Tank
Anzen: Restogoat
Popeadin: Retardin
Ulushnar
Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:35 am
No. Doing that will only let you use the ability when the trinket's cooldown is up. That's why folks do it...

...No, sorry, I can't do it! Yes, if you have an macro that uses a short cooldown ability and a long one/trinket you can use the short cooldown one even if the trinket's not off CD, although you will get some "that ability isn't ready" spam.
_________________
I am a sexy, shoeless God of War!