Skip to content
Maintankadin

Rawr Accuracy?

Isetnefret
Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:12 am

Rawr Accuracy?

Does anyone else look at Rawr? I don't "use" it, per se, but I take a look at it every now and then.

It shows my threat output, with optimal rotation, at 2600....that seems really low.

I've not had a problem with threat.

I just really wonder about the optimization feature as well. I don't feel that it emphasizes the same stats that I prefer for my personal play style, but then again, maybe I'm doing it wrong....

I put more value on block and block value.
_________________
gmf1
Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:34 pm
I don't like it is more for dps imo, it ranks gear wierdly too.
_________________
Isetnefret
Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:04 pm
I don't like it either. I've just been using wowhead and their custom filters up to this point. That's a very good too.

But it won't min/max for you. I don't feel that Rawr does an effective job either.
_________________
gmf1
Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:12 am
Loot rank is great as you can put in your own values, haven't used wowhead ranking.
_________________
Levantine
Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:08 am
Using Rawr or anything like that to rank tanking gear is never a very good idea, to be honest. There are way too many variables to account for in the world of tanking. Definately handy for DPS rankings though. :3
_________________
Levantine: 10/15 Nax (10), Sarth+0 (10), 4/15 Nax (25), Sarth+0 (25)
Anzen: 1/1 Hogger (40)
Lumenos
Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:46 am
I recently tried out Rawr and the way it ranks gear just seems daft. I tried out every kind of gearset with best in slot for each category and everything came out deficient in some area. Many of its best in slot recommendations are just simply... wrong.

At best it provides a quick reference to end game gear and allows you to play with gearsets to achieve the stats YOU want before actually getting the gear or having to be in game.
_________________


One of these days I'll actually update my sig.
Isetnefret
Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:30 am
Yeah, even loading my armory profile, it came up with different numbers, especially SBV.
_________________
Wulfhere
Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:28 am
Some of the calculations are wrong in the current version. When I download from armory I get different values as well. One big problem I was able to pinpoint is that it is 2 decimal places off on its calculation of dodge / agi. So, if I choose Strengh of Earth totem buff, my dodge only goes up 0.02% instead of ~2%. Same problem with choosing Kings and MotW buffs, dodge doesn't change or changes 0.01%.