Skip to content
Maintankadin

Soloing content possible with heroic/badge gear?

Femme
Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:01 am

Soloing content possible with heroic/badge gear?

Dear tankadins,

I have been reading this forum quite a lot lately and decided to create an account because I need your help.

I started Wotlk playing as a DK, I was 80 pretty fast and I liked the fact that I could solo bosses like onyxia and a few in ZG. Though there are tons of DK's in my guild at the moment so playing one is not that fun anymore. We are short of healers and I still have my paladin at 70, so I was thinking of leveling my paladin but I do not want to give up the ability to solo old content bosses. So I decided to take a look at the solo skills of a protection paladin and I was shocked !!!

The List: What can I solo as a level 80 prot pally?
How much money can you make soloing old raid bosses?

I'm really looking forward to level my paladin to 80 and start working down the list. But since i'm going to heal in PVE probably I will have gear problems for protection. My current guild is raiding on days I most of the time can't join because of work or other reaosons. Leaving would be an option, but most of my friends are in the same guild so I don't really concider that as an option.


I have been looking at the gear list in the following topic:
WOTLK Boss Tanking Gear Progression List

Head:Tempered Titansteel Helm
Neck:Titanium Earthguard Chain
Shoulder:Wapach's Spaulders of Solidarity
Cloak:Durable Nerubhide Cape
Chest:Heroes' Redemption Breastplate
Wrist:Bracers of the Herald
Hands:Heroes' Redemption Handguards
Waist:Waistguard of Living Iron
Legs:Bolstered Legplates
Feet:Tempered Titansteel Treads
Ring1:Titanium Earthguard Ring
Ring2:Keystone Great-Ring
Trinket1:Figurine - Monarch Crab
Trinket2:Essence of Gossamer
Weapon:Red Sword of Courage
Shield:Royal Crest of Lordaeron

Personally I think I should be able to collect the gear listed above. My question is will this be enough to solo onyxia, zg and perhaps some bosses in aq20 and mc. I know that I need fire resistance for some bosses etc. But what do you think ?

My professions at this moment are JC and Enchanting which I think are both pretty nice for pve/pvp and soloing content. But i'm willing to drop one if it will give me a lot more benefit.

Thanks in advance !

Best regards, Femme
Majiben
Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:21 am
Yeah... definetly not basic training. Post goes here with the rest of the crazies (yes you people who solo this old world stuff are crazies to me).
_________________
Femme
Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:26 am
Sorry, I thought this would be the best place to post this topic, but I'll post it in the other section.

I guess a moderator can close this topic now.
amh
Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:53 am
Majiben is a slacker, he can move it :)

You can solo any non-gimmick boss on that list with the gear you listed.
(t´was fine with quest-rewards upon hitting 80)
_________________
Armory
oldboyz
Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:20 am
quick reading :
-regarding the shield, i suggest you the BS craft, quite cheap components and very good stat (especially the big +def which help any fresh 80). it avoid you to wait a random drop
-regarding the cloack : there is a very good one at Wyrm Reputation, its blue and it cost just some gold.
-regarding neck&ring : it will ask you many JC token : start JC dailies asap while leveling

i don't have a DK-80 neither reading specific DK forum/blog, may be it performs great. What i know for sure, is that pala-protect is gorgeous to solo content (on the other hand, we may have insurance that we will survive longer than any boss, but that mean we may be not that fast)
Arcand
Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:35 am
[Locking this thread to channel you all to the new one in General Strats.]
_________________
"Almost silent, but watchful and helpful."