Skip to content
Maintankadin

Engineering vs Jewelcrafting

Galtea
Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:01 am

Engineering vs Jewelcrafting

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, but not new to paladin tanking. I've been MT'ing and OT'ing a lot of 25 man content including Gruul, Maulgar, Hydross, Lurker, Karethras, Leotheras and Al'ar. Anyways, from all my tanking experiences, the HP gap is still the #1 thing that I feel sets me below a warrior tank in certain situations. Currently, while raid buffed and flasked I can get around 18.3k health, which is still far off from 20-21k from warriors.

One way to fix this obviously is to get the vengeance dark moon card, which I will have next time the faire comes around. That should put me close to 19k health. However, I was wondering whether it would be worth it to swing for the Engineering goggles. Currently I'm a 375 miner/enchanter, so I would drop mining for engineering. I'm using the heroic badge helm currently, and I just don't feel that either the T4 or T5 helm would be a big upgrade, if at all. My other option is to go for jewelcrafting in order to try to get the epic BoP gems which will apparently get implemented for JC's in an upcoming patch, as well as the stam/int/spellpower trinket. Anyways, I'm just asking for opinions here, considering my needs, would JC or engineering be the better option?
Bubbleoseven
Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:25 am
BoP epic gems in next patch for JC? Good god take thake the JC and get a BS to make you The stalwart defender epic Helm
Goodheart
Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:39 am
The new BoP gems will be unique-equiped, so don't get your hopes up.
You can find them here the epic gems on top are the new BoP gems.
I have to admit though, some pretty hefty bonusses, and you can still use one of each.
Lore
Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:03 am
The Falling Star is worth a whopping 6 stam, 3 if you're in BT/Hyjal Razz

Engineering is probably a better choice.
_________________
Me, LOL!
Sereen
Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:19 pm
Hmmm, interesting topic.

I'm starting over with the whole tanking thing on a new realm. Is there any point at all in taking Blacksmithing? All the epix are BoE aren't they?

So, would I take JC (Just because lawl) and Mining to level, and then grab engi when I get to 70?
_________________

Thels
Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:11 am
Engineering has the helm and the stamina trinkets.

Blacksmithing has the 2 pair of boots.

Jewelcrafting has some trinkets as you start up, and slightly better jewels.

Enchanting has ring enchants.
_________________


Zoe's guide to building your tankadin
Kaelie
Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:10 am
Anyone else feel that Jewelcrafting got screwed with the unique-equipped BoP gems? My mage will always have +24 spelldamage compared to a non-enchanter. A Jewelcrafter might have that much in extra stats, but every gem they want the boost on has to be different, so it's not like you can just grab 24 extra stam or something.

On topic, the goggles are hot, and I haven't seen anything from JC that would make me want to level it.
_________________

Galtea
Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:15 am
Thanks guys, I spent about 750g and power-leveled engineering from 0-360 in one night and got the goggles.
Kaelie
Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:06 pm
Maybe I should look into gemming a bit more, I've always just either stack +dmg gems or +crit/+dmg gems and not bothered with anything else, and my paladin is probably going to have nothing but stam once she has the gear for it.
_________________

kvark
Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:00 pm
any guide to follow to get engieering up that cheap, or just gut feeling ?
_________________
Nidal
Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:34 am
Why not JC and Engineering? I am currently Mining/JC but plan on getting JC maxed out and then Mining my butt off for mats, then drop Mining and grab Engineering. Powerlevel using the mats I saved up.

Then I'll have both the gems and the tanking goggles. Very Happy
_________________
http://wowoffspec.blogspot.com/