Skip to content
Maintankadin

Using Non Spell Damage Swords for Alliance

Honorshammer
Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:31 am

Using Non Spell Damage Swords for Alliance

I understand that using something like King's Defender or Sun Eater works for Blood Elves because of the mechanics of Seal of Blood.

Is there any circumstance, where as an Alliance Paladin, a non Spell Damage weapon should be used.

The only thing I can think of is the Spll Immune Library trash in Karazhan.
_________________

http://honorscode.blogspot.com/
Alixander
Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:36 am
Well, there is the approach of swapping over to a tanking sword once you have a sizable threat lead. This will lower overall damage done to you, making it easier for the healers.

In terms of using a non-spell damage sword for the entire fight, honestly, if you're going up against anything that's truly spell immune, you have far greater issues than what sword to use, because as a paladin our entire ability to generate threat is based upon magic.

Personally I can't think of anything that would call for just using a tanking sword if your an Alliance player. But mixing it up is a good idea.
_________________


My Blog: http://kazielmmo.blogspot.com/
Igrado
Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:50 am
I think you mis-understand HonorsH. We don't actually USE those blades, we just equip them while in Shattrath or Deadwind Pass to show off.

Very Happy
_________________

An Officers Guide to the Paladin Tank
Lore
Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:51 am
There are the occasional encounters where you don't need to generate a whole ton of threat. Netherspite is one example - if you've got the red beam effect on you, you're the tank. Maulgar or Karathress are others - there's so much else that has to be done before the DPS gets to your target that you really only need enough initial threat to hold it off the healers.
_________________
Me, LOL!
Igrado
Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:22 am
lol, well I was making a joke, but I do suppose they get used more for mitigation only or very high priority times, as Lore said, but other than that yeah great for dust and viral specimens.
_________________

An Officers Guide to the Paladin Tank
Rainge
Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:15 am
I've kept the KD and Sun Eater around for those times when I think I might use it - but it ends up being almost never.