Skip to content
Maintankadin

Just a few questions.

Abian
Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:50 am

Just a few questions.

Hey gang. Smile

Thanks to the efforts of the forums admin’s and the community as a whole, I've been successfully pulling off the Tankadin role on my server with flying colors thus far.

But during the last three levels (I'm 63 now), I've come up with a few questions.

I'm almost always close to OOM after each pull and I chug Mage / Vendor water like it's going out of style. Here's the question: The last 6+ runs I've been #1 DPS with about 30-36% damage done for the group, could I be using Consecration Aura too much maybe, thus leading to me OOM situation? It's working for me though I guess. I've ended up with 75-85% damage taken for the run as well and healers love me because I'm the only person they ever have to bother healing. I'm using the Tankadin 101 rotation as shown on the front page if you're wondering.

Also, on the rare occasions I lose aggro, my taunt doesn’t show being resisted, but they also do not come to me (It even shows the taunt debuff on the mob and nothing happens). Am I doing something wrong? I use the macro found in the Tandadin 101 section, sometimes it works and others it doesn’t for some reason.

Lastly, is there anyway to incorporate Divine Shield on the occasions I think I'm doing to die and I don’t want the aggro to drop to the healer or DPS? Maybe a DS macro that cancels the aura and does a taunt? I'm not sure if that's even possible. At work brain storming now. Embarassed

Many Thanks,

Abian
_________________
Vanifae
Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:08 am
Honestly if you are Number 1 DPS as a tanking paladin you must roll with DPS that have no fucking clue how to play. Consecration does not do alot of damage, sure if you tank like 10 mobs it can add up but the actual damage to the mobs is not that much.

Needs more heals, and pace yourself more, if you have a huge threat lead switch up your Seals and Judgments.

Righteous Defense has an odd thing where if the mob is targeting nothing or in that moment if it targets you just as you use it, it does nothing. Sometimes.

BTW you can Divine Shield and taunt, it does not last long but can be fun... I guess.
_________________
Visit my crappy blog... Nerf This...
Lonso
Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:09 am
For non-bosses, I usually don't keep Consecration going the whole time unless we're AOEing a group of mobs. You can judge wisdom to get some back.

For taunts that weren't resisted and the mob wasn't immune but it seems to have failed anyway, this is probably dps hitting them before they are back near you. Taunt sets your threat equal to the highest player and directs the mob to you. Then some ranged dps hits them while they are on their way back to you and the mob goes after them. The mob has to be in melee range with you for the 130% threat buffer to apply to ranged.

Canceling DS and taunting via a single macro would be interesting. I had heard that you can taunt while DS is up and regain aggro. I'm not sure if it's true. If it requires two clicks to cancel and taunt I'd probably keep what I have (taunt = 1 macro, DS/Cancel on another). Another option to would be DS, cancel DS, BOP the player the mob is targetting.
_________________
cdan
Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:01 am
Sometimes the clothies panic when a mob gets within 300 miles of them and they throw every CC spell they have at the mob and run around crying so an RD might have worked, but is on a mob that is temporarily frozen / stunned / confused as to which clothie needs to die first. Sometimes not easy to tell when all of the special effects are going off in the mass panic a stray mob can cause.

While I'm on the subject of cloth-panic - can anyone explain why they walk backwards to get away when running forwards towards me would be so much faster and probably allow them to put distance on the mob instead of staying in the swing arc?