Skip to content
Maintankadin

Rate me tanking gear.

Hollyhell
Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:40 am

Rate me tanking gear.

Alright, well ever since I first started tanking (AoE prot lvl grinding) I've wanted to tank on my paladin (or DPS even). I've slowly but surely tried to build the minimum of 3 sets of required gear (holy, ret, prot) and been quasi-lucky when it came to drops and getting the tanking gear.

On my server, there is a dearth of tanks (apparently). I saw a guy spam trade chat for well over an hour for a heroic tank. I've previously tanked the reg. instances, and some Kara, but want a little looksy at my gear.

Yes, I know not everything is enchanted. There are some things I was waiting until I had a better piece (plus, it isn't going to make a HUGE difference. some, but not a large amount). I also have some slightly different gear that I can mix and match as well (of course)

Using tankpoints, it seems like I still have just over a 1% chance to be crushed as well, which makes me a sad panda... I'm thinking of switching out some gems for some more dodge, maybe? Hints, tips, suggestions would be welcome.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&n=Hollyhell
Baelor
Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:02 am
0 spell damage

Baelor does not approve
_________________
GM of <Adaptation>
Stats below usually unbuffed w/o Devo Aura

1617 heal, 118 mp5, & 14.24% crit heal set
Vanifae
Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:33 am
You won't have to worry about Crushing Blows in Heroics, probably just need a better ring and you would be there. Your gear looks solid for Seal of Blood tanking, but I always like spell damage since it really enhances everything you do as a paladin tank.
_________________
Visit my crappy blog... Nerf This...
Hollyhell
Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:50 pm
I will also say i've not actually MTd yet (last night was my 2nd time in Kara as prot), so I've just been an OT. I healed on all the other bosses that don't really require an OT as well. Last night was kinda retarded as well, since one of the healers was busy watching 300, rather than healing, so I think I died way more than necessary. I'll play with my gear a bit as well, see what kind spell dmg I can come up with. Ideally I'd like a fast, decent sword to put 40 spell dmg on, rather than a blue.
Baelor
Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:15 pm
Options available to a pre-Karazhan or just-starting Karazhan raider for weapons:
Arena reward mace, season 1 or 2
Thrallmar/Honor Hold exalted reward sword
Lower City exalted mace
Keepers of Time revered sword

and a bunch of mixed swords/maces from drops. Here, a link to WoWhead filtered lists:
http://www.wowhead.com/?items=2.4&filter=cr=51;crs=1;crv=100#0-2+1
That's 1H maces with >100 spell damage

http://www.wowhead.com/?items=2.7&filter=cr=51;crs=1;crv=100#0-2+1
Same filter for swords

Sort by item level and ignore swords >125 item level, those are 25 man raid drops. Everything else is within reach if you don't like Continuum Blade. If you're uncomfortable with Continuum Blade though, you need your head examined. 121 spell damage (+40 with enchant) and 30 stamina, you can't argue with that for a rep reward to hold you over until you either grind enough arena, Thrallmar/Lower City rep, or raid enough to upgrade.
_________________
GM of <Adaptation>
Stats below usually unbuffed w/o Devo Aura

1617 heal, 118 mp5, & 14.24% crit heal set
Hollyhell
Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:23 pm
Like I said, right now I do have CB... Going to filter a list for swords here later to see what is available with spell dmg and a good amount of stam (as well). It seems that CB is one of the few available with those particular stats.