Skip to content
Maintankadin

New to tanking

Singha
Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:10 pm

New to tanking

Hi I just respec when i reach lvl 70 like 2 wks ago.. first question how can i hold aggro.. i cant seem to hold aggro that good.

2nd question...what type of gears should i be looking for?.. i know something that has to do witj def.
well i am in need of help...
here's a link to my armory pls tell me what i need to chage.. thanks in advances..


http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terokkar&n=Singha
kvark
Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:14 am
quick reference :

1) get continuum blade from caverns of time
2) make sure you have improved rightous fury talent
3) make sure righteous fury is always up.

When you pull, pull with avengers shield, and while mobs walk to you, put up holy shield and concecration. If you loose agro after that - you're doing something very wrong =)
_________________
Brandiss
Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:53 am
One main problem I had back then with holding aggro was the low spelldmg I had. The best to do is to try to get the pally dungeon set because it has def+spelldmg on it, two main things you need to start - if you ask me Smile

Getting there is the problem though.
I'd still say you should buy felsteel head/gloves/leggins and stuff those with def or spelldmg gems so you can beef your def a bit more.

Check out the "Gear" section here in the forums. Have pretty much all the stuff listed in a good list + good infos Smile
_________________
Tankadin lvl70
Das Syndikat - EU
Elthar
Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:49 am
Your tanking gear kinda looks like mine did when I hit 70.

I assume (looking at your rep) that you did the same as me and raced for 70 skipping a number of dungeons.

What I would suggest you do is go back to holy and heal through the 70 instances - BUT - let the group know that you'll be rolling on tanking gear as well.

Once you have some nicer gear (especially a spell damage sword) then switch back to tanking.

The trouble with trying to tank 70 instances with 50 spell damage is that the first time you group with a geared mage or lock and they crit you will lose agro. After a couple of times losing agro you will gain a reputation as a bad tank - you get a bad rep and no one will let you tank.

Unfortunately - unless you have a very understanding guild the best thing to do is what people expect you to do (heal) until you are ready to tank and impress.
Singha
Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:49 am
well i have the felsteel leggimg n gloves. I will be getting the helm today. So i guess i have towork on the weapon.so spell dmg weapon n try to get 490+ def plus increase my spell dm spells.
Maruko_
Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:44 am
For some reason your armoury isn't showing up for me. Anyway...

You can always use consumables to increase your spell damage while working on getting your spell damage sword. An adept's or greater arcane elixir + superior wizard oil is a good chunk of threat.

In addition to what kvark said, remember that seal of righteousness is your bread and butter seal for threat. Judge crusader to up your threat even more. And make sure to keep holy shield + consecration up for the duration of the fight.

I suggest you read Gestalt's guide (http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/viewtopic.php?t=7) for the basics on gear and the typical tank spell rotation.
_________________

(not always accurate, I spec holy for arena)