Skip to content
Maintankadin

Possible to get uncrittable at 64?

cyndeace
Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:01 pm

Possible to get uncrittable at 64?

Hi, I'm just wondering if it is possible to be uncrittable at 64, for tanking places like UB, SP, MT?

Right now at level 63, I am sitting at around 9500armor, 6800ish health unbuffed, and about 400 defense. When I do an instance I use potions and wizard oil to hit about 160ish spell damage. Are these starts decent for a 63, or is there a stat I should be looking for?

edit oops, I guess I am at 7400ish health unbuffed. I currently have my tanking sword equipped.
_________________
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hellscream&n=Cyndeace
Lore
Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:01 pm
You just need to have 5% -crit, plus another 0.2% per each level that a given mob is over you. You can find out how much -crit you have by hovering over Defense on your character sheet.
_________________
Me, LOL!
Daedallus
Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:40 am
probably not a good idea to work to hard on uncritable at that level yet. doesn't take very long to reach 70, and if your spending a pile of time and perhaps making bad gear decisions from quests, its just not worth it.

My advice is to pick the best pieces you can find with a good mix of sta/ac/avoidance/defense, and not worry about it too much. UB, SP, and MT you'll only run a few times and none of the mobs in there, except perhaps the giants in UB are going to crit you hard enough that a decent healer can't bring you back.

my other piece of advise is that if the mob can crush you, level and come back when it can't. putting that kind of strain on your healers isn't worth the trouble.
_________________
Thels
Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:25 pm
As said above, don't sweat it and just eat the crits. Should be ok.

To be crit immune, just check the level of the mobs, multiply that by 5, and add 125. That's the amount of Defense Skill (not rating!) that you'll need to be crit immune.
_________________


Zoe's guide to building your tankadin
cyndeace
Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:22 pm
Well, to be honest, there seems to be quite a bit of "pallies can't tank" on my server. I'm just trying to do the best I can and at that same time try to change some poeples opinions. I figure becoming uncrittable at 64 would make it easier at 70, also make it easier on my healers, which may help influence some peoples opinions.

Although, the other night I was tanking in slave pens when the rogue went to sap and got seen. I grabbed agro off the three mobs, and all of a sudden a pat came. I grabbed agro on all of them hoping to stay alive long enough to allow the shaman to get out of range. He was already out of combat. Along with the healers help, my trinkets, I was able to tank all 6. The rogue assisted me and we killed them. At about the 4th mob the rest of the group started going. It was quite thrilling. Of course, the next pull was 2 mobs and the rogue insisted on sapping one lol.
_________________
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hellscream&n=Cyndeace