My experience has been hit and miss with tanking the 5mans up to lvl 66 where I am now.. I have a kit which boosts health past 9K unbuffed and gives about 60-70 spell power.. I've found sometimes its hard to get a half decent healer (ie someone spec'd in healing) to make the run go smoothly.. without that I've had all sorts of failures and stuff ups, and sometimes they work out alright also.
With a good healer who has played their spec for sometime the runs go smoothly and there are no issues.. good groups with people who have done runs with paly tanks works well.. heck I've done a run through ramps a while back with 2 paly tanks it has been the smoothest run I've ever done. Anything else and know where to draw the line on the wipes.. if I end up with a group who is rag tag and the healer isn't a serious heal spec and kit then I usually set the wipe limit at 4 for the run.. I make sure its communicated to the group and everyone is usually happy as the repair bill is just not worth the run otherwise in my mind.
They are good fun the quicker runs and really sometimes give you an eye opener to what people really think of paly tanking.. some people are gobsmacked at what you can hold agro on while the mages go berserk with their AoE and others will puposefully try to sabotage your run just to "prove" that paly tanks suck - there can be some real horror stories out there of sabotage.. I also found the instances sometimes required more planning or knowledge of the run to make them go smooth.. ie what to pull and when.. but its all experience and theres only one way to get that..
Good luck with the runs.. ramps has some nice plate gear for early 60's paly's.
_________________
