Skip to content
Maintankadin

Divine Shield Macro

quoll
Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:35 pm

Becoming Uncrushable

I have a simple question, I am confused excally how to become uncrushable. Can anyone explain it to me, and if possible tell me how much more %wise until I become uncrushable

Gear link http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twilight's+Hammer&n=Quoll
_________________
Chevalier
Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:57 pm
5 (base miss)+Block%+Dodge%+Parry%+(scroll over your defense and add that %)+holy shield (30%)+libram if u have it 5%=102.4%=uncrushable
_________________
Galiant
Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:02 pm
There's an add-on called Tank Points, which was originally for Warriors. It works for Paladins too.

It's a great way to see if you're uncrushable or not.

When you're buffed, geared and have Holy Shield up - the Crushing % has to equal 0. This means your avoidance is at 102,4% or higher. If it's not zero, the percentage shown is how much avoidance you still need (+ the chance to be hit/crit, but that should be 0 anyway if you have any sort of decent gear)

Good luck to you! Warriors have it easy reaching uncrushable, I'd say...we sure don't.
_________________
Laughing Skull PvP (Europe)

Shibui
Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:17 am
I forget exactly where I read it (or if I dreamed it up on my own) but isn't there a point at which you can no longer factor in the base 5 miss when calculating uncrushable? Again, it is very likely I have no idea what I'm talking about, just seemed like a good time to ask.
Shibui
Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:14 am
Never been so happy to have been wrong. =)

Thanks much!
Brandiss
Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:29 am
Awesome macro.
_________________
Tankadin lvl70
Das Syndikat - EU
Sielanas
Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:29 am
Rather than a new topic, I'll ask here. I'm confused about 490 being the desired defense number. I'm currently at 502, and when I add my numbers, I find that I'm way short of being uncrushable and I got really scared that I'm gearing wrong when I thought I was doing it right.
_________________
Thels
Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:07 pm
You need at least 490 Def to be uncritable, which is more important than uncrushable.

After that, you'll work on getting uncrushable.

You need 7.9 Block Rating for 1% more uncrushable. This doesn't give avoidance.

You need 15 Defense Rating for 1% more uncrushable. This gives 0.75% avoidance.

You need 18.9 Dodge Rating for 1% more uncrushable. This gives 1% avoidance.

You need 20 Defense Rating for 1% avoidance. This gives 1.33% more uncrushable.

You need 22.4 Parry Rating for 1% more uncrushable uncrushable/avoidance.

You need 25 Agility for 1% more uncrushable/avoidance.

As you see, Defense and Dodge are about as useful for getting uncrushable as one gives more, but the other gives more avoidance. Parry and Agility are worse of in both aspects. Block will help if it's hard to read, but since it doesn't do anything besides granting uncrushability, it's a stat not sought after later on.
_________________


Zoe's guide to building your tankadin
Brandiss
Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:07 pm
While we are at it.
Are there more macros out there like the one Ayasune posted?
Excluding the taunt macro, but in case somebody wants it, somebody could repost it Smile
_________________
Tankadin lvl70
Das Syndikat - EU