Skip to content
Maintankadin

Auras

Morrighan
Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:52 am

Auras

I don't doubt this has been posted before, but after a long arguement with someone over this thats got me really angry atm I fel the need to bring it to the experts!

My understanding of auras is:

Retri aura - tankadin aura of choice, to be used 95% of the time

Devotion aura - doesn't scale well, palatanks don't put points in improving it, to be used rarely if you really need the extra boost on a single target

Basically the guy I am arguing with says the following:
1) You only need retri aura if you have threat problems but hes ok coz he can gen 'enough' threat without it (not max threat, but just enough, which he thinks is ok)
2) Because retri aura affects your whole group it will cause more problems with other melee pulling threat (my pov: if they are too dim to control their own threat just kick em from the party/raid/guild)

So - experts - please tell me if theres something I don't know?
Melathys
Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:04 am
I use ret aura for trash, devo aura for bosses...assuming I'm the only paladin in my group.
_________________
Worldie
Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:00 am
I solved this issue by using Sanctity Aura.
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
fuzzygeek
Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:44 pm
Ret for AoE, Devo for single target big hitters

I went 40/21 for a raid and couldn't stand not having AS ... respec'ed back for the post-raid bear run.

Too much of my tanking style involves hitting a bunch of stuff with my shield and LoSing large packs into tidy little chunks of AoE. I would LoS God if I could.
_________________
klauth
Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:13 am
Edit:

My comment posted here was incorrect. Did some further testing and proved myself wrong, so I deleted my previous comment.
Snake-Aes
Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:01 am
WHen I didn't have sanctity, I tanked with ret aura roughly 90% of the fights where I didn't have a holy pala with imp DA for us.

I think I only actually asked for devo on bloodboil, Sharaz and Illidan.
If the boss is one of those that will make your healers cry and rock back and forth in fetal position, then go for devo aura.
_________________


Spankadin in development.
.'>';