Skip to content
Maintankadin

Discussion on Paladin Tanks in our Guild Chat

Naeldon
Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:36 am

Discussion on Paladin Tanks in our Guild Chat

I'm going to post a discussion that took place on our guild channel. I'm going to remove the names but I wanted to post it because I wanted your take on it, since you're more experienced. I didn't get involved in the discussion. It started out with someone asking about ret Pally. I told him to try it out and if he didn't like it, to switch. Then Warrior2 said he didn't understand the point of Ret Pallys or switching specs since you were supposed to learn the way you play by levelling up.

Then Warrior1 made a remark about Pally Tanks.

Naeldon
Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:56 am
So basically he was talking rubbish? Very Happy
fuzzygeek
Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:15 am
Also druids are going to eat shears on Illidan, since they can't hit the requisite 101.8% dodge/block/parry.

I bet your warrior doesn't even know the significance of 101.8%.
_________________
Melathys
Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:16 pm
whats 101.8? Does illidan require less avoidance to hit uncrushable or something?
_________________
Worldie
Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:32 pm
It's the shear mechanic, go a lil down to BT forum Smile

Melathys
Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:00 pm
ah. yea, I'll likely never see illidan because I'm too much of a pussy to leave my guild (full of friends) for progression.
_________________
Wyleai
Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:14 pm
There's a lot of envy between warriors and paladins...

In older guilds, or guilds with players who've been playing before BC, the warriors usually win because they used to be right, and people don't read their patch notes...

But start leveling a warrior, and you'll start meeting a lot of people who think warriors can't tank. You'll get to the see the other side of this envy war.
_________________

Meliora
Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:42 pm
Sad part is I've been seeing a lot of guilds lately entering SWP who are freaking out due to not enough warriors. I feel like no matter who you convince, prot palis are just not given the time of day.
_________________
spelltank
Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:50 pm
Warrior 2 just seems like an idiot to be honest - expecting everyone to level up in the spec they plan to use at 70 is ridiculous, i mean, if you want to, great, but you cant expect every druid who wants to heal to go resto, and so on. I'd be willing to bet he didnt level as prot, or he's a dps warrior in which case his opinion about tanks is much less important.
He shouldnt hold anything against people for respeccing to level.

The fact that he thinks its easier for druids to tank illidan than paladins is just amazing. He just doesnt seem to have any idea what he's talking about.

PS - Is he a dps warrior/was a dps warrior? It would explain a lot
moduspwnens
Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:25 pm
He's wrong, but imo you need to remember some things:

- You offer an extra round of Pally buffs. He doesn't.
- You offer a judgement (Wisdom, +3% Crit). He doesn't.
- You can front-load threat. He can't.
- You can tank all bosses, but have a Warrior tank Morogrim adds / Hyjal trash / Felmyst adds. They cannot do it. So, who's needed more?
- You might do more overall threat than him.

I dunno, perhaps I just took more offense to it. He seems more ignorant than actually disrespectful. Keep those things in mind, though. Maybe the poster below me will add things to this list.
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor