Skip to content
Maintankadin

Question

learner
Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:41 pm

Question

Hi,

I have a lvl 66 prot pally, and have been tanking instances since after learning Consecration.

Currently I am wearing all 'of the Sorceror' gears to grind and tank. I understand that I have to be uncrit and uncrush for heroics and kara onwards, and have been preparing for it according to written guides. Most of these gears I have, are wearable only at lvl 70.

I was tanking fine up to Sethekk Halls. However, I grouped once with a priest, and she told me that I should be wearing Defense gears to help mitigate the damage taken.

Is it true that I must start wearing Defense gears now? Or I can still use my 'of the Sorceror' gears to tank until lvl 70?

Sorry for been so longwinded. Any suggestions or criticisms are welcomed. Thanks. Very Happy
Manius
Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:51 am
It's kind of hard to stack defense pre-70 without sacrificing stamina, which is bad. I run instances with 390 defense at 66 (talent + defense from some blues), and I don't have a real problem with mitigation most of the time.

Plus, you know, 10k health helps against spellcasting mobs in Auchindoun instances more than defense.
_________________
Armory Profile
Guillex
Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:50 am
If you can pick up "of the Champion" pieces for cheap/as drops, then start replacing your gear.

But honestly, while you're getting up to the quests that are going to provide you with most of your gear, anything plate with stamina/int and defense if you can manage it, is fine.

Just make sure that your defense is high enough that you're not going to be getting critted all the time by mobs, and you'll be a-ok.
_________________
Official thread killer