I ding'd 70 two weeks ago. I've been trying to collect gear on my own in pickup groups. I got up to 490+ defense and making steady progress to uncrushable.
So, there was some talk about running heroic Underbog. I volunteered to tank, but let 'em know this would be my first try at a heroic. We zone in and I do ok for the first two pulls. We actually realize that the healer isn't there yet. I start to feel confident.
Then we start to have problems. The CC isn't working well, I try to taunt them back but I don't attack them because I don't want to break CC. So I'm loosing aggro, but DPS is still on the main target, and I start loosing it. The healer starts healing the better geared DPS warrior that is getting aggro. Two wipes later, the group decides if we're having this much trouble we won't be able to take the bosses.
I abhor CC, but realize it will be necessary in heroics until my gear gets better. We had two hunters, and they were doing an alright job with the initial frost trap, but it was breaking down fast. I think the healer had more confidence in the warrior then me after the first wipe, so I wasn't getting heals like I should.
I know getting my CoT rep up so I can get the upgrade to legs, helm enchant, and a real spell damage weapon will be a great benefit. I was still getting hit for 2500 by the trash, non-crits and I assume non-crushing blows. That seems kinda high to me. When I get hit for 2500 my blocking 101 of that seems trivial. Is this to be expected when doing heroics or was I getting unlucky? If they were hitting that hard, how could I tank the first two singles without the healer being there?
Also, I was doing normal instances I was used to just grabbing the pack and running seal/judgment of wisdom with holy shield and max rank consecration spam for most of the fight. With the heals and mana back from seal/judge wisdom I ended most 70-90% mana. Since I need to use CC I can't do that, but I don't want to drink after every pull. How can I keep pumping out the threat without burning my mana?
Here is my armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Venture+Co&n=Grokii
I have 12 Stars of Elune, but trying to find someone to cut them into Solid Stars. I am an enchanter and trying to farm all the tanking enchants I'm going to be using. I know, I know, I should just suck it up and have someone else enchant my gear. The enchanters I know don't have the recipes I need and I still owe a friend 2k gold for loan he floated me for my epic flyer. I almost have that paid back, then I'll be able to pay another enchanter to use my mats for enchanting my gear.
So, given all that... any advice for cracking into heroics?
Grokii
Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:58 am





