Skip to content
Maintankadin

5.0 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics

econ21
Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:44 am

Re: 5.0 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics

Gab wrote:That's a little bit absolute. ... it's not really a "no-brainer" in a strict sense.


Well, this is a basics guide so some emphatic language is appropriate when you are dealing with such a powerful glyph in most circumstances:

theckhd wrote:At high Vengeance, it does a LOT of healing - don't be surprised if you outheal some of your regular healers.
Lastwolf
Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:23 am

Re: 5.0 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics

Is it worth it to switch from SoL on AoE packs though ?


SoL+Battle healer gets me on average about 18k HPS on most boss fights, sometimes more depending on how hard it hits, the dps increase of truth is just meh by comparison.
Treck
Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:35 am

Re: 5.0 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics

Dont forget that SoI scales incredibly well with multiple hits, easily outhealing everybody if it can hit a few targets.
Schroom
Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:10 am

Re: 5.0 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics

I found this item today in wow head: http://www.wowhead.com/item=91803

it seems to be new in 5.1 anyone knows where one can get this and if it would be viably as pot (and pre-pott) for protection paladins (especially if you go for haste>mastery)

I always hate the armor pot so would this one be better in a defensive way? also it would offer a DPS win. would it be even better than a strength pot?
daishan
Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:54 am

Re: 5.0 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics

Not sure where to get that from but I use http://www.wowhead.com/item=86125 very nice mid fight with holy avenger and high veng.
I use a strength pot pre fight as I'll be at low veng, the only real, problem with the Kafa is it's a 10 min cd so depending on what fight you're progressing on you'll only get to use it every other attempt.
If it'll beat a strength pot for dps will completely depend on your veng level if I remember Theck's graphs right at 100k veng haste easily beats strength not sure on the break point though.
Schroom
Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:14 am

Re: 5.0 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics

mid fight with holy avenger and high veng.


thank you, that was exactly my idea, we are on mel'jarak and I'm solotanking so my vengeance is through the roof. where do I get the kafa from? :)

allthough the root has only 1 min CD which would be amazing.
daishan
Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:44 am

Re: 5.0 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics

Get the kafa from a cave in kun lei with yetis in, the wowhead link comments section should have coordinates. The root 1 min cd would allow you to pre pot with it and use mid fight, but it'll be the same as pots in that it gets locked out after the first in combat use. Good luck getting the Kafa :)

Edit: wowhead comment
" I finally found it, the frozen NPC is called Frozen Trail Packer , I uploaded a ss at his page to show what to look for, just go to the bottom of the westmost yeti cave (entrance at 37.5, 78.0 into the slightly larger room and he's on the other side of the little frozen river right in front of you when you enter the room, exact coord of the ice block are35.2, 76.3 He can be manually added to NPCscan for an easier check just by flying over the cave without going inside, his ID is 64227 P.S. and no, it is not related to Lost Adventurer's Belongings , it's another treasure"
Schroom
Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:32 pm

Re: 5.0 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics

thank you very much. those yetis will get extinct this WE I guess :)
Skye1013
Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:05 am

Re: 5.0 Tankadin FAQ - Protection Paladin Basics

I've just noticed that your "Talents, Glyphs, Basic Builds" section is decidedly lacking in glyphs.