theckhd
Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:38 am
Re: Basic Training 101: The Attack Table
I'm not 100% sure, but I suspect that it's still the usual 2-roll system for specials, with the crit roll performed if the first roll resulted in a hit or blocked hit.

melee_miss=5+0.5*(npc_lvl-player_level)+0.5.*lvl_flag
spell_miss=4+(npc_lvl-player_level)+10.*lvl_flag
npc.phmiss=5+npc.skillgap.*(0.1+0.1.*skillflag);
melee_miss = 5 + 5*lvl_diff*(0.1+0.1*lvl_flag)
= 5 + 0.5*lvl_diff + 0.5*lvl_diff*lvl_flagtheckhd wrote:Glancing is only for auto-attacks. Bosses do have a chance to block melee attacks now (ever since 4.0, I think), but I'm not sure I ever updated the article to account for that. It works like glancing though, and you can't remove it from the table.
tlitp wrote:theckhd wrote:Glancing is only for auto-attacks. Bosses do have a chance to block melee attacks now (ever since 4.0, I think), but I'm not sure I ever updated the article to account for that. It works like glancing though, and you can't remove it from the table.
The emphasized parts are inaccurate.