Skip to content
Maintankadin

Crushing Blows, the Attack Table, and How it All Adds Up

Lt Smith
Wed May 14, 2008 2:10 pm
Although I'm a bit late, I wanted to add my thanks for this post. Tanking is simple - get hit so others don't - but Tanking correctly (and thus successfully) takes work. Having the attack table explained in a "for dummies" way is perfect for me.

Thanks again,
_________________
Snake-Aes
Thu May 15, 2008 8:03 am
Defense lists reducing crits and increasing miss. What it does is pretty much just that

table has 100 points, 2 are miss and 5 are crit, for example
then your defense says "adds 5% miss and reduces crit by 5%".
There the table gains 5 miss and loses 5 crit., becoming 7 miss, 0 crit.
Adding another 5% miss and reducing crit by 5% means it gains 5 miss and loses 5 crit. Since there's no crit left, nothing happens on the crit side. Table becomes 12 miss, 0 crit.
_________________

Spankadin in development.
.'>';
caboom
Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:11 am
Definetly the best explenation on how it all works, it helped to clear out some confusions for me, tnx for putting it here for us.
_________________
Shamora
Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:55 am
It's all about balance. If you feel you have too little hp then it probably would be in your best interest to lose some and get closer to the magic 102.4 and get your stam up.
_________________

Keondra/68/NE/Rogue/Caelestrasz
loopinvariant
Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:10 am
WowWiki has a good page on this as well, I found it when I was trying to understand the magic "350" number in the OP. The WowWiki page also explains how resilience works against crits from mobs.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Defense
Peadro
Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:41 am
ok thanks to lore i think i have it so if my reg. tanking set is

10miss
20dodge
18parry
18block
HS

ill in theory take less dmg and generate normal threat but if i wore a block set..
10miss
18 dodge
18 parry
22 block (or more)
HS

i would generate a more threat, but with block value wouldnt i still take less dmg?
Aanlador
Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:16 am
Very nice breakdown. Really helped me understand what it means to be uncrushable Smile
_________________
Martie
Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:43 pm
Okay, a question about all this.

I've been reading about it, discussing about it, looking for more information, but I still can't find one important tidbit of information.
Why bother with crit immunity at all?

Here's why I ask the question.

Let's say I want to be uncrushable. So I stack 25.6% dodge, 25.6% parry, 25.6% block rate, equip that nifty libram and keep my holy shield up.
(Which is exactly what people tell me to do, basically.)

The attack table would then look like this.