Rhiannon wrote:I've got to say, re: the Grand Crusader comments, you've been slamming the talent for the past few days but as you know Theck's numbers suggest it's s reasonably viable option, at least compared to most of the other minor threat increases. I honestly don't think it's that complicated to use properly either, certainly not in "Advanced FAQ only" territory. Simply following the 3HP SotR > CS > Judge > AS > HW priority makes it fall out just fine.
The GrC numbers came out (much) better than I expected, and my criticism of it has thus become more muted – the GC related sections of my FAQ have already been updated to reflect Theck’s research of the last 24 hours.
I still think that for the primary targets of my Basic FAQ that skipping Grand Crusader for
this week is the right solution. If you haven’t been practicing 939 for the last couple of weeks, learn that first, then learn how to insert the proc.
It’s worth noting that I had to do a reasonable amount of writing without the advantage of having Theck’s latest MATLAB pass – I was working off the numbers from page 80-ish of the rotation thread, which were lot more negative re GrC. I’ve done a basic sanity check against his new data from page 100-ish and Theck’s checked it as well. The guide is defensibly correct at the moment.
I’ll look at adjusting I’ll look at adjusting my
tone after I’ve had a chance to play the game! (And after I’ve had some more time to absorb the new numbers).
I’m also expecting that GrC will be “fixed” reasonably quickly, so writing a pile of stuff about how to use it properly in 4.0.1 may end up being a complete waste of time if it’s fixed in 4.0.3!
TL;DR: Criticism noted and will be taken into account for the 4.0.3 version of the guide.