Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tank on Tank Violence (or something like that)

Amirya
Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:24 pm

Re: Tank on Tank Violence (or something like that)

Varmin wrote:Warriors I can see be very good once they pick up their 4pc t8, but until then they are much spikier while having less hp than a paladin, and while only having 1-2 more cooldowns than a paladin. Not to mention their threat is terrible. However, warriors are superb for any fight where add pickup is key (Sarth 3d whelps/blazes, mimiron p3, etc), just most warriors hate being reduced to that job.

I need to dispute this.

My warrior co-tank has precisely zero pieces of t8, has more hp than me, and his threat is through the roof. He's also excellent at picking up adds (but so am I, so are the DK tanks we have, and the bear tank whenever I beg him to abandon the feathers for the fur).

(and as an aside to Bundy, I'm not sure if you're playing the "warriors are better because we have THESE talents" or not (tl;dr), but...does it really matter? Skilled players can do anything they want. He tanks Ignis adds, I tank Deconstructor adds, he tanks Runemaster and Stormcaller, I tank Steelbreaker, he tanks Kolagarn adds, I tank Auriaya adds, he dpses on Hodir and I solo tank him...I have no doubt you could do the same, just as I don't doubt any paladin here can do that...or any DK...or any bear.)
Xayton
Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Tank on Tank Violence (or something like that)

Bundy wrote: All im saying is its not a simple "I win Button" your gonna have to work for it.


Dueling a paladin is like dueling him 3 times just to win. You should know that.
You may get their health down to almost dead but they are back at full, you have to do this 3 times total to win. So unless you are dueling a very bad prot paladin, ODDS are you will not win. Because you will have to kill us 3 times. This fact alone amounts to more or less of an "I win button" when it comes to melee classes.
Bundy
Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:44 am

Re: Tank on Tank Violence (or something like that)

They wouldnt make it so one class is unbeatable 1v1 by any other class. Obviously some classes have certain advantages over others, but a win is still possible always.

Bundy: I apologize, I screwed up your post by hitting Edit instead of Quote. I do this about once every two months. :?
majiben
Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:47 am

Re: Tank on Tank Violence (or something like that)

No one has said that a paladin is a better tank in every respect than a warrior. People have only said that they are preferred for their guild over the warrior they run with in some respect.

You show a startling lack of experience in your statements about warriors and especially with the notion that a prot warrior could beat a prot paladin in a duel. Did you even consider that none of their auto attacks could get though our shield and their specials (few and far between) would hit for piddly amounts if at all? You have clearly never done such a duel.
Arcand
Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:44 pm

Re: Tank on Tank Violence (or something like that)

We aren't saying 'paladin is unbeatable by any other class', though. We're saying 'protection paladin has significant advantages over protection warrior in a one-on-one duel'.

Blizzard allows that kind of discrepancy all the time.
Bundy
Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:24 am

Re: Tank on Tank Violence (or something like that)

Actualy some people were saying Paladins are better tanks than warriors and DKs in every aspect. I quoted it in fact. I have dueled palys before, and ive dueled with my paly against other people. I know its ridiculously hard to beat them, but one has to stay positive about these things. I cant just say warriors have 0 chance, that is just no fun. Lets say you have 24k armor, minus 20% of that from sunder armor/devestate is 19.2k. I dont know how much armor elites have, but my shield slam hits them for 2k normal, and 4-5k crit, which is 30% chance I believe, minus your 5% chance to be crit or whatver, but the damage will go threw your shield, trust me. Same goes for revenge. And your not gonna have your holy shield up all the time, I have silences and stuns, on relatively short cooldowns, 30 secs or less.
I think all tank classes are awesome. I was on my priest last night healing a VH grp with a paly tanking. I ended up dpsing most of the time cuz he rarely needed heals. Same thing happened with a DK tank later on. Then I was doing the H daily on my warrior, Old Kingdom, the ring I need drops and a paly rolls need and beats me, ugh. But later on in the run some fool pulled multiple groups of mobs and dies, soon after our other dps dies, and me and the druid healer 2 man like 6 guys by ourselves. They were caster mobs too, so that didnt make it any easier. Point is, any tank class can be badass if played right. Hopefuly thats already understood by all.
Arcand
Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:44 am

Re: Tank on Tank Violence (or something like that)

Bundy wrote:Actualy some people were saying Paladins are better tanks than warriors and DKs in every aspect. I quoted it in fact.


Are you referring to the one person who said that his guild prefers for him to tank everything? That's the only quote I can find that could be stretched into even vague correspondence with the claim you're making.
Bundy
Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Tank on Tank Violence (or something like that)

Although I didnt quote everything I saw pertaining to this, I know I read some other stuff saying the same thing. But lets just forget about this because its going nowhere fast.
Xayton
Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:22 am

Re: Tank on Tank Violence (or something like that)

Just a simple correction. We try to have Holy Shield up just about all the time.
Arcand
Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:52 am

Re: Tank on Tank Violence (or something like that)

This thread didn't turn into the cesspool it could have, but it's not generating anything useful anymore either. I'm gonna freeze it.